I do not have diabetes, however occasionally my blood sugar levels are high. What do I do?

Other symptoms I have are frequent urination and I am extremely thirsty. My heart feels like it is racing and I am exhausted and shaky. Is there something i can eat or drink to relieve these symptoms? Not really sure what triggers this, and it happens only once/twice a month. Any ideas?
Update: Ok to answer "How do I know...." A friend of mine suggested to take a glucose test. I did a finger prick after fasting ( i took it when i got up with out anything to eat or drink for at least 9 hours) blood sugar read 183. That was last month. symptoms lasted all day and half of the next day, by noon they were... show more Ok to answer "How do I know...." A friend of mine suggested to take a glucose test. I did a finger prick after fasting ( i took it when i got up with out anything to eat or drink for at least 9 hours) blood sugar read 183. That was last month. symptoms lasted all day and half of the next day, by noon they were gone. Same sypmtoms happened yesterday so i re-pricked my finger and it read 153 at 9am around 5pm it read 167. and this morning it read 185. By 2 pm today i felt fine. And still tonight i feel ok. It is very strange, thought maybe there was something to do to not feel so bad during that time frame. I usually lay down but i didnt have the chance yesterday (4 children running around) I am really tired today, my body is sore like i worked out real hard. But other wise feel pretty normal tonight. Just wish i could do something that would help during that time frame.