Kylie Minogue fans: When was the highest peak in her career, could someone sum up her career so far for me?

I remember being around 13 when "Can't Get You Out of My Head" came out but never knew much about her besides that; but I just saw her in a taio cruz video and was amazed at how much sex appeal she has and i wanted to know more about what her career has been like

When was the highest peak for her?

And why was she so big?

I know there is wikipedia but hearing it from someone directly would be a lot more clear to me. (:

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Kylie's had an enduring career in the music business, spanning 24 years, which is super successful by anyone's standards.

She's had varying degrees of success during that time, however. She started big (the biggest selling album in the UK of 1988, for example), then had continued success throughout the late 80s and early 90s. Her popularity dipped in the mid-to-late 90s, before soaring again in the early 00s. She's enjoying some quiet success at the moment, albeit not to the degree she enjoyed a decade ago.

Her music career is an interesting one to follow because she has often experimented with different looks and sounds, which has resulted in lots of surprises. There have been huge creative triumphs alongside somewhat creative mis-steps and, in my opinion, that makes her extremely interesting. She literally battled tooth and nail to become respected in the industry and, of course, has overcome some very serious health issues in her personal life too.

Most people describe her as being a genuinely nice, sweet person too.

She's released 11 studio albums so far, i.e. 'Kylie' (1988), 'Enjoy Yourself' (1989), 'Rhythm Of Love' (1990), 'Let's Get To It' (1991), 'Kylie Minogue' (1994), 'Impossible Princess' (1997/1998), 'Light Years' (2000), 'Fever' (2001), 'Body Language' (2003), 'X' (2007) & 'Aphrodite' (2010).

In 2011, she's embarking on a world tour, including dates in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.