cosmetology license versus nail technician license in the state of Maryland?

I know the requirements to attain both of these licenses. What I'm wondering is in the state of Maryland, would I be able to do nails with only a cosmetology license or would I need a nail technician license too? the department of labor & licensing hasn't been much help.

Favorite Answer

Cosmetology is the study of hair, skin and nails. You won't really have all three licensed, but you will be a nail, and skin "specialist" along with a hairstylist. A "specialist" is the same thing as a nail tech, and esthetician, You just don't have the license for the specfic course. So, You can work as a Cosmetologist, and do everything but massage.

The best place to start would actually be to contact some local nail salons. They would know the requirements, since all of their nail techs would need to meet those requirements.

Use in spite of shade you like. Nail polish is meant to be exciting. you should even try purely a sparkling good coat, or a nude (dermis colored) polish. do no longer undertaking approximately getting the polish throughout your palms. enable them to dry organic (blow on them your self, hair dryers tend to wreck nails) then take a heat moist wash textile and sparkling around them as quickly as they are thoroughly dry.