Mike asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Best city in Mexico to study Spanish?

I have been debating for such a long time where I should study Spanish. Mexico is the only option I have been really seeing due to cost. I am interested in Mexican culture and due to its nearness to the US, it is probably the most beneficial. Not to mention it is the country with the most Spanish speakers. I have come across programs in Guadalajara, Merida, and Guanajuato. Does anyone know of a program that offers a home-stay option while still taking into account enjoyment? I really want to be near a beach and take advantage of Mexico's landscape. After all, I have never been to the ocean. Thanks!

• guido
    Favorite Answer

Mexico City is the best option, I don't know about any program that offers home-stay but you could visit the site of UNAM which is the best university in Mexico and I think it offers some programs for foreign students in spanish and mexican culture.

http://www.unam.mx/

Source(s): mexican

Mexico City is the Capital of the nation and a town of over 20 million, that suggests that's too over crowded, an excessive amount of visitors, but in addition too many locations too see. Guadalajara is a huge town of five million, however doesn´t suppose as crowded as Mexico City, the sensation is such as you had been in a smaller dimension town, but in addition has rush hours that make you loopy whilst you force, now not as unhealthy as Mexico town but in addition irritating, however in the end you suppose more secure, town is purifier and humans extra form and pleasant than within the capital. Climate sensible Guadalajara is hotter, you are going to be in a position to put on shorts and a t shirts many of the yr, against this Mexico town has a cooler local weather, that is a blessing in the summertime, considering temperature hardly ever pas over eighty levels, even as in Guadalajara can get above ninety. Guadalajara is simplest three hours clear of the closest seashore. Mexico town is four hours away however probably you are making extra because of heavy visitors, and within the worst day you'll be able to make from Acapulco to Mexico town round 10 hours, and likewise is absolutely unpredictable.

Mexico City.

Rich culture

Best city: Texas