why do people hate on wwe/tna isn't just the same as ufc or mma?

why do people hate on wwe/tna? I mean "Really?" You guys need to grow up and stop hating on us people who actually enjoy watching wrestling. At least wwe and tna have divas/knockouts.What does UFC and MMA have besides two men fighting each other for 3 mins straight. Compeletely boring,UFC and MMA is like watching a boring rpg game, where fighters pick random fights out of nowhere to reach to the top with no storyline or backstory behind it while WWE/TNA has all of the mixture both MMA/UFC and wrestling itself on top of that they have decent storylines.So **** UFC and MMA. I am 22 and I love wwe and tna. I would watch them over Ufc or MMA anyday because at least they are entertaining.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I agree with Brian F, your arguments have a lot of flaws and it appears that you do not watch Mixed Martial Arts closely nor Professional Wrestling. First let me make some points about The UFC.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is the largest Mixed Martial Arts Promotion in North America. UFC has weight classes: Lightweight, Welterweight, Middleweight, Light Heavyweight and Heavweight. World of Extreme Cage Fighting (WEC) is a sister promton to UFC and has ligher weight classes such as Flyweight and Batamweight. There are other Mixed Martial Arts Promotions both in the United States and around the World, but I will focus on UFC. Brian F corrected you in telling you that UFC Bouts are 5 Minute Rounds. Non-Title Fights have 3-5 Minute Rounds and 5-5 Minute Rounds for Title Fights. If you pay attention to the backgrounds of the Fighers and the Play by Play Commentary, most UFC Fighters were top High School Wrestlers and College Wrestlers, they then trained in Martial Arts such as Brazilian Ju Jitsu, Muay Thai, Tai Kwon Do, Karate, Judo, Akido and other Combat Sports and they also learned submission holds. There is a lot of athletic skill involved in UFC bouts if you understand Combat Sports, that's why Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Shane McMahon among others are really big fan.

The best Professional Wrestlers also in my opinion have amateur wrestling backgrounds and bring athletic skill to the wrestling ring and I can appreciate the hard work and efforts that they make. Many of my favorite wrestlers: Bret the Hitman Hart, AJ Styles, Taz, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Owen Hart, Shelton Banjamin, Alberto Del Rio were amateur wresters growing up. I enjoy both MMA and Professional Wrestling and no a lot of people that enjoy both and we see no need to bash one at the expense of the other.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) is a sport. The UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) is an organization which holds MMA events. It's an MMA league, in other words. So all the matches you see in the UFC are MMA matches, but MMA is much bigger than the UFC. There is the WEC, Pancrase, Shooto, Smackgirl, Rumble on the Rock, King of the Cage, Cage Rage, Strike Force, Affliction, Dream, Sengoku/World Victory Road, and defunct companies like Pride, the IFL, and Elite XC. The rules and weight classes may also vary from organization to organization. For example, Pride allowed kicks, knees and stomps to the head of a downed opponent, and the IFL rounds were only four minutes long.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

time to pick the flaws

UFC is an MMA organization to use UFC and MMA side by side is redundant

MMA is based on talents and actual merits, two fighters go out there and the better man that night walks away the winner, plain and simple. T

heir are female MMA fighters just not in the UFC.

Rounds are usually 5 minutes not 3.

Fights are based on what fans want to see and what will make monet not picked out of nowhere, just like how WWE fights are picked

you shouldn't need a storyline in a SPORT, sports are athletic competitions not storylined entertainment

you are welcome to prefer professional wrestling over MMA, at one point i did as well but don't try and think they are the same thing. Pro wrestling tries to pass itself off as real and this hatred you mention is a result of MMA showing how real fights work. Some people don't like the massive differences in right fights and pro wrestling fights.

• It's because WWE/TNA is scripted, and mma or ufc lovers think that all the Superstars and Divas are on steroids, ever since that goddamn chris benoit incident(If you need to know what that is, e-mail me). WWE/TNA is a lot better than both, i agree, at least the Superstars and Divas are willing to talk to their fans through myspace, twitter, and facebook.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Id say wwe is more enthertainment based, such as the backstage stuff , storylines and showmans such as the good old shawn michaels.

UFC is more brutal, thats more "realistic", in a way, because wwe superstars over act a lot in a fight

but its just taste, watch whatever you enjoy watching.

• 9 years ago

UFC is based on actual talent....pro wrestling is all hype......the actual hard workers are made into jobbers to make the worthless pretty boys/girls look good on tv.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Bet you're playing with your lil wrestling figures as we speak ha ha how cute! Lol

• 9 years ago

Its actually 5 minutes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

just because wwe/tna is scripted people think its stupid...but people who insult wrestling are arrogant...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

U MUST BE 12

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.