Savanna asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Can somebody give me some weight loss tips?

I'm sixteen, six foot one and play Volley Ball like nine months out of the year between School, Club and my Advanced Volley Ball gym class, but I can't seem to get my weight under 200lbs. I know it's not terribly bad because of my height but just knowing that I'm over weight puts a real damper on my self esteem can anyone help by giving me some weight loss tips whether they be exercise, healthy foods, or anything else you've used to lose weight?

Favorite Answer

Of course, physical activity helps lose weight, but do not over exert yourself. Do not skip meals either and do not try and starve yourself! There are plenty of healthy foods out there to eat. You can just stay away from fast foods, fatty foods, foods with lots of sugar and lots of salt. You can stay away from carbonated drinks. Water is really good for you. Do not try and lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, usually a rebound effect will happen and you will gain it all back. So, lose weight in a reasonable amount of time. I'm trying to drop some weight myself. I try not to eat as much, because I love to eat! It is better to eat in smaller portions more times a day than eating 3 huge meals daily. Like you can have a little breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner but in smaller portions. I like to get on my Wii Fit Plus because it records my weight and the exercises are not that intense. But you can try walking, running if you are in shape for it. Do not do more than you can handle. But while exercising make sure you drink plenty of water but NOT too much water! Just enough. You dont want to dehydrate yourself or overhydrate yourself. Plus it is a lot of online tips out there for weight loss. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

How often do you look at your reflection in the mirror and think I wish there was some sort of magic pill that I could take to make your body instantly change into your dream size? How often do you think I could stand to lose a pound or two. How often are these thoughts paired with wishes for an easier exercise routine or the motivation to cook healthy meals for yourself instead of eating out at fast food restaurants every night? Everybody wishes these things. No matter what your weight currently is, it is likely that you have wished to lose weight before. Here are some weight loss tips that you can use to help yourself get off to a good start.

Hi. I work as a personal trainer in Dublin. I'm in the process of writing a book on this stuff. But for the moment the best resource available is called the truth about abs. I've put a link below. It covers way more than just abs obviously and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Anyway I hope that helps. I'll be back to recommend my own book soon though. LOL

Here are some tips:

1 - Eat 5 - 6 smaller meals a day. That's Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and in between around 10am and 3 pm a snack that contains protein. By eating this way, it speeds up your metabolism, gives you more energy and your burn more fat.

2 - Eat foods that are high in fiber, such as Oatmeal, High Fiber Cereals, Whole Wheat Bread, Vegetables. Fiber helps you feel full, help control cravings and stabilizes your sugar levels.

3 - Avoid eating too many carbohydrates later in the day. For example if you go to sleep at 11pm for you dinner eat lower carbohydrates, maybe a chicken salad.

4 - Eat good fats, from nuts, olive oil, flax seed oil. These fats are good for many functions in your body including hair, skin, nails, energy and burning fat, yes....fat helps burn fat.

5 - Like you mentioned drink plenty of water.

Continue playing volleyball. (I'm 13 and just started this year i love it!) . But drinking a lot of water, eating a healthy breakfast every morning fastens your mutabulism everyday. Also working out at least 3 times a week at a gym or gym-like enviroment will help, as long as you have at least an hour every day. Cardio Vascular strengthening excersizes (running) will be the best way to lose stomach and leg weight quicker. Also maybe try cutting foods like flour and sugar out of your diet for a while. My brother who was 12, 5"8, and 180lbs (he had always been a but chubby) he cut those foods our of his diet, ran a mile everyday on a tredmile we had, and drank a lot of water/cut all unhealthy food out of his diet lost 50 lbs in about a year. Try it?

Yes, be trained approximately the situation and lab values. Quite commonly medical professionals depart hypothyroid sufferers undermedicated, particularly whilst just a TSH is finished. If you're on T4 like Synthroid or Levoxyl, you would wish the morning TSH to be round a million.zero. If you're on a T4/T3 med like Armour or Thyrolar, you would wish the unfastened t4 midrange and the unfastened t3 prime in variety. If your stages aren't wherein they will have to be, wegiht loss can be close to unimaginable. Stay clear of soy and fluoride, as they gradual down thyroid position.

People who want to lose weight commonly, and first of all, think about reducing the amount of food they eat. This may be quite a solution but not exactly the best there is. http://on1place.com/ In fact, depending on the amount you reduce in your food intake, it may even be dangerous to one's health. So how does one lose weight effectively and safely? Here are some points one should consider when trying to lose weight:http://news.on1place.com/category/health/weight-lo...

• Scotty

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

Exercise in the morning to speed up weight loss

3o minute strength training sessions each week to burn more calories