checked baggage and food on southwest airlines?

I was wondering how many bags each ticket holder is allowed to check, and if food such as granola bars are allowed in carry-ons. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Here is the Southwest baggage policy:

"Southwest allows two (2) checked pieces of baggage per ticketed Customer. Size and weight limitations apply. Your 3rd through 9th bag or item will incur a charge of $50 per piece, and any bag or item thereafter will be $110 per piece."

http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/bag...

Food is allowed in your carry-on. In order to get it through security it must be packaged/wrapped/in a container, meant for immediate consumption (i.e. doesn't need cooked or heated) and must adhere to the liquid carry-on rules. Drinks can be purchased once past the security checkpoint, or, as mentioned, you can bring your own empty drink container through security and fill it in the gate area. This is typically what I do.

• oroza

Southwest Checked Baggage Weight

Southwest Airlines Carry On Rules

• Brian

Check Southwest's website to see what their luggage policy is. Non-liquid food such as your granola bars can be taken in your carry-on through the TSA security check. If you want something to drink but don't want to pay outrageous airport concession prices, take an empty water bottle and individual Crystal Light drink mix packets. Fill your bottle from a drinking fountain on the concourse, add the Crystal Light, give it a shake and you have a tasty drink for just pennies. Have a great flight!

I have flown with southwest many times, great service. On a recent flight I took an orange juice as a carry on so I think it would be fine if you took a granola bar,

• I want to take a box of frozen green chili as checked baggage, Is this allowable?

how many bags are allowed?

• ?

Why are all the answers so short these days?