Do property taxes enable free public school education?

I was thinking about my property taxes, and got this idea. I'm in my mid 30's, so it's been about 20 years since I had geometry. I've forgotten most of what I learned in the class, and students are learning stuff these days that was never covered. I found this out the hard way when I tried to help... show more I was thinking about my property taxes, and got this idea. I'm in my mid 30's, so it's been about 20 years since I had geometry. I've forgotten most of what I learned in the class, and students are learning stuff these days that was never covered. I found this out the hard way when I tried to help my neighbor with her geometry homework and I couldn't do a lot of the problems. I've always been a good math student. I was embarrassed.

Since I pay property taxes, which includes school taxes, would I be allowed to re-take geometry class at the local high school in Livonia, Michigan during regular school hours for free? I know that if I was married and had kids, they would be attending public school for free, under my tax dollars.

The community college doesn't offer it, and even if they did, I feel I'm entitled to take it in high school since I pay taxes.
Update: I went to a parochial school for high school, not a public school.