Why do girls/ladies/women have to sway their hips while walking? Why can't they walk normally?

or is it because they are always in a mood of dancing?

Best Answer

It's actually the shape of our hips and how our legs are shaped. Women's legs taper in more to make an hourglass shape while guys have straighter legs.

I dressed as a guy not too far back. Only my exposed calves and the way I walked gave it a way. Both guy and girl friends tried to help me, but it's REALLY hard. My feet like to move slightly in front of each other as I walk, causing my hips to sway. It's difficult to make my legs fall straight instead of inward.

I also know we do it on purpose sometimes. As we walk past a cute guy we might try to exaggerate a bit more. When a song is in my head and I'm feeling peppy, I do sway my hips to kind of dance more, but not generally in public.

Source(s): Trying my hardest and failing to walk like a guy. My hips aren't made for it.

By normal standard God/nature has designed a women's physique with wider hip, basically to tend children. Ladies in rural/tribal areas are the (not the urban)proof for this. Naturally a female walking (as watched from rear) produces this sway.

Women with wider hips don't do it personally. Men don't do it because our structure is different. Thats why when you see an overly feminine gay man trying to walk like a girl it looks like hes trying too hard because we're not meant for that. Same thing applies to skinny girls with no hips. They either don't switch their hips or they try really hard and it looks dumb. Women with nice curves and normal or bigger hips switch or sway because it's just more visible and they have "more" to switch and sway naturally. We all switch and sway though but its very very little and not noticeable, especially in men.

Source(s): Anatomy minor

the actual bones and frame do not sway, when the thigh moves backwards the fat and muscle get pinched between the upper thigh and butt cheek forcing the mass outward giving the illusion the whole hip is moving

Source(s): just my educated guess
  • ?

Thats the way some women walk

I don't sway my hips while walking in fact I don't know anyone who does it, they'd look like a wally lol.

Becaue of wide hips

sometimes females do it on purpose ; thicker more chunky girls do it but without noticing .. skinny girls cannot do it cause they don't have enough meat .. so don't think a thick chick is doing it to show off ; it's just how we walk.

• loree

Hello, just wanted to say, I liked this discussion. valuable replies

They all have a little lioness in them...always on the prowl!