What are the illuminati?

My friends were telling me about some celebrities being involved in the illuminati, and I asked them to tell me what it was in more detail because I really didnt know what it was at all, and they didnt want to go into detail because they didnt want to talk about it and I was just wondering what it is thanks

Best Answer

They were a group of despots in the 18th century who believed that monarchical governments should be abandoned, the Illuminati was founded by Adam Weishaupt and the structure was based upon the Jesuits (Society of Jesus). They were a gentleman's group which was also made up of spies and counter-spies, after six years however the illuminati began to collapse under suspicion and mistrust between members, especially towards the founder and his radical ideas. The society had officially collapsed by 1780, six years after its creation, but was officially over by 1784 by the time it was banned (along with all secret societies) by the Bavarian government and Karl Theodor.

There is no evidence of the illuminati's current existence or that it survived its oppression in the 18th century. Many members of the illuminati were Jesuit's and it would of been nearly impossible to spread to other countries as many Jesuits at the time were being persecuted, especially in England were Jesuits where hung, the most famous being Henry Garnet who was hung for his involvement in the gunpowder plot to kill King James I of England. (Although the date for this being 200 years earlier, the oppression of Jesuits lasted centuries).

Modern day conspiracy theories (which are extremely erroneous and misleading) state that the illuminati still exist (despite there being no actual proper evidence for this) and along with other secret fraternities such as the Freemasons (no evidence that the Freemasons are participants in anything illegal - in fact, they are one of the most charitable organisations on this planet) are attempting to implement a New World Order, an apparent One World Government that will control the people, and that they are behind many of the wars and profit out of it. Many of these claims however come from both antisemitism (due to the idea that the profiteers are Jewish) and Nazi Theology, as the Nazi's believed in such things.

I'm in the Illuminati and its no hoax either. We will be having a sermon in the sun next Sunday.

• eaford

all this illuminati **** is frightening! my brother presented this **** to me throug google& youtube fews weeks in the past and it scared the **** out of me. It says obama is a factor of it too.. who knows of the actuality and advantageous ladyd gaga is cuz she is intercourse sign and all her song video are intercourse appropriate, and too grimy... i surely dont watch any song video i dont intend to make'em greater renowned... and the illuminati indicators are eveywhere... take a glance in youtube... includig riana aand others

• Dragon

A group that only believes in science and that they are against religion like the Roman Catholics.

thats all I know :P....

There is already an answer for this. look in the past questions of mythology

I've answered this one before, in some detail:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArjWJ...

Sorry, didn't want to retype the whole thing over again. :-)

it all has to do with the devil and their devil-worshipping ways, let me know when you find out more