promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why is there this superior notion about blond hair and blue eyes?

When darker skinned and darker-haired people have more beneficial advantages? Why is being white always the superior race??

Just curious..

Update:

not just blond hair and blue eyes, but light hair and colored eyes in general

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Northern Europe has blond hair and blue eyes. This notion came from industrialization in Europe. At that time no one else was industrialized just them. They assumed they were superior and such because of that.

Who says darker skinned and darker hair have more beneficial advantages?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It is stupid - I have also never understood why - it's on the individuals facial features - but I have noticed that people call any average looking blonde guy/ girl attractive. I am Punjabi and I have always found darker features and tanned skin to be the best such as:

http://www.moviegupshup.net/data/media/45/dt01009b...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Blond hair and blue eyes is not rare!

Red hair and green eyes are the rarest! Only a small percentage of the population have naturally red hair and/or green eyes.

• 10 years ago

Its not superior cause 20mins in the sun would burn them alive and blacks and non-whites can play in the sun all day. Blond hair blue eyes is recessive,dark hair dark eyes is dominate therefore it is superior

white are not the superior race and people that think so are brainwashed, if it wasn't for the Moors(Blacks) white/Europeans people wouldn't be sh*t

Source(s): Fact
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

ACTUALLY they don't.

In the northern areas, it is better to have whiter skin because your skin can easily absorb vitamin D, for there is less sun in the northern areas of the earth.. The light eyes and hair is caused by the less melanin, so it is better to have those traits in that kind of area.

black people need darker skin because they are near the equator or in a hot sunny area, so they need to protect themselves from that. Black people have more chance of not getting enough vitamin D in the northern areas. That can cause multiple diseases.

Also, white people in sunny areas are more likely to get skin cancer, but they are more likely to fight it off.

black people are less likely to get skin cancer, but when they do get skin cancer it is extremely hard to fight off.

so it's a switch off.

best traits match their locations on the earthh...

Source(s): @Kakkaboo not true or fact at all. whites can stay in a long time in the sun. blacks slowly deterriorate their bones not getting enough vitamin D in the northern part of Earth. dominate gene does not mean superior. If you actually LEARNED genetics you would know this. The reason why light skinned blacks are birthed from black parents is because of the white recessive genes in both parents. Therefore, the "superior" recessive white gene tends to take over in so-called "black" Americans.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Blonde hair and blue eyes are rare, I guess.

I don't know it went out of style to me in 2005.

Lv 5
    10 years ago

Notion of this time period, I guess.... People always make up things like this and sadly, they always will... people just have to ignore their ignorance. Strangely people who say that blond hair and blue eyes are better don't have either of them...

• Lynn
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

A lot of non white people are dying to have lighter haired children with light coloured eyes. They even perceive slight difference in eye colour that most people don't even notice and they call us racist. They are the ones noticing and talking about skin tone and eye colour all the time.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not many white people have naturally blonde hair or blue eyes infact its rare idk of anyone who has a superior notion about it though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.