Trying to get into shape, any tips?

So I used to be a wrestler and a runner, but I was never that agile. What I had going for me in the past is strength and stamina. Now that I'm in college, I havent been working out as much. I lift dumbbells, do pushups, and some kind of cardio (usually jump ropes or sometimes running a couple miles). ... show more So I used to be a wrestler and a runner, but I was never that agile. What I had going for me in the past is strength and stamina.

Now that I'm in college, I havent been working out as much. I lift dumbbells, do pushups, and some kind of cardio (usually jump ropes or sometimes running a couple miles). But stress, work, and school have made me lose motivation. I dont work out as much as I should.

I guess you can say I let myself go. I can barely do 25 pushups, I used to be able to do 100. I'm vegetarian, and I dont get much protein anymore. Mostly ramen and rice. I'm 6'2" and about 270.

What I want is to do martial arts. My main focus is actually my mind, I meditate a lot and I'm in to deep thinking. Martial arts in general I know is good for both, and yoga I hear is especially good for the mind. Idk what other martial arts to do (i was thinking kendo and karate). I dont know what's good for beginners, but I also want something challenging.

But before I sign up for classes, I want to make sure I have enough stamina to get the most out of my workouts.

So does anyone know of anything simple exercises i can do(by simple I mean something I wont need to pay money for equipment or lessons)? I want to eventually get weights and maybe like weights for my feet/waist to wear when I go running. Sometimes I do "air marital arts", or like punches with dumbbells....but I wanted to see if anyone knew any effective workouts that would be easy to pick up, but effective. (idc if it's hard to do the workout, I just dont have the money to spend right now). I want to train my body so I can be ready to make the best out of a class. I also thought about doing wii fit to learn the basics of yoga.

I would also appreciate any advice on classes martial arts or others that I should look into.

Thanks in advanced!