Why Batman is better then Superman?

I'm writing a persuasive essay about why Batman is better then Superman and I HAVE to make this essay EPIC and I suck at writing. So yes, I do have a billion reasons why he's better (No offense Superman fans) but any help would be AMAZING! Thanks :D

Update:

Also why Batman Villains are better then Superman Villains

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Bionic Saint has the best answer so far.

I'm gonna give it a shot though.

Batman was born from tragedy. He swore to avenge his parents and wanted to make sure that no one else will ever have to go through the trauma that he suffered as a kid. He is Batman all the time. It is the Bruce Wayne persona that he feels is the "mask". He is a self made man, and has honed his body and skills to near peak perfection. He is human and has the cuts, scrapes, bruises, scars and broken back to prove it. He can think on his feet and has a plan for every scenario, and if not, he will make one. Yes he has the ability to take down the entire Justice League if the need should ever arise. We can relate to him, Batman could be me, your neighbor, your friend or even you. It's not out of our grasp to fathom the want or need to avenge a loved one at any cost, even our own.

Superman is the "Last Son of Krypton". Sent to earth to survive a dying world. He was raised be the Kents and taught strict wholesome values. Right and wrong. Balck and white. There is no grey area with Superman. Superman is always Clark Kent, just a small town farm boy. But as Superman he stands for "Truth, Justice and the American Way". To be honest, doesn't that all sound a little dated by today's standards? The guy can do anything he wants and he does. Sure he is a shining beacon that we don't have to kill each other just because we can, but that's about it. How do we relate to an alien? That's why I root for Lex. He may be the bad guy, but he is looking out for the interest of human kind.

As far as the Villains, it's the same as above. Most of Superman's villains are magical imps from other dimensions,robots, other aliens or god forbid a dysfunctional clone.

The thing with Batman's villains is they are human as well. Not only that, Batman as well as us can see that there isn't much separating him from becoming them. He walks the line so we can sleep at night.

I could go on for hours, but this is the short and sweet.

Enjoy

Source(s): My noggin
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • JLA
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Here's a short and simple answer. You could break your essay into three points.

1: Batman is better because he shows what humanity can do

(Unlike Superman who has his powers given to him, Batman earned his. Batman got his abilities through years of training and will. Unlike Superman, he worked hard for his powers, making him a better hero)

2. Batman is better because he is more relatable

(People find Batman a more understandable hero because he is only human like the rest of us. He has human problems and situations too, unlike Superman, and readers can relate to him easier)

3. Batman's villains are scarier

(Unlike Superman's mad scientists and aliens, Batman's villains are generally people that you can believe could actually exist. That makes them scarier, and far more believable)

Of course, I love Superman just as much as Batman, but here's some easy help for your essay. Good luck with it, and I hoped this helps :)

• FM-O
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Well lets see he is smarter then superman, has more resources and quit possibly allies, But i think its what he lacks that is more important. Unlike Superman Batman doesn't have a very bright view of the world, he sees the world as a dark depressing hell hole, this allows him to not get weighed down with to many morel issues when it comes to making a choice, did he kill lots of people? maybe, will the world hate him? probably but you cant denie it was the right choice. Also Batman lacks superpowers, to think that a guy could train himself through hard work and determination to be able to defeat super villeins and on occasions the Man of Steel himself is pretty inspiring.

• 10 years ago

Well Batman is mor down to earth than Superman...lol

What i mean is that Batman is a more realistic hero. Although you dont really get rich guys triying to save the world like he does.

Another thing, is that Batman seems to be smarted than Superman, well at least from the comics i read and the shows i watch.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Batman is the only member of the justice league without superpowers, but despite those, he is one of the most respected and feared by his peers... He uses his brain, being a master strategist that he is, to his advantage and is said that he can take all the members of the justice league if the need arises... Also being a human, story lines are easily written for him that we can easily relate to and not make it as a bland, all powerful, universal war...their secret identity could come into consideration too, wherein Bruce Wayne is a rich billionaire, known and respected worldwide as is his alter-ego Batman, but Superman's Alter ego is the mild mannered reporter Clark kent, who no one knows and is quite often being ridiculed and bossed around by his colleagues...

• 10 years ago

alright since batman lacks strength but knows superman's weakness he can simply create krytonite gloves which would totally mess up superman.A warrior without a weakness is better than a strong warrior with a weakness

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

because batman's underwear is black, make its so gentle and manly. While the superman's got red on it.. :p

Source(s): personal preferences :p
  • 10 years ago

I'll agree with Bionic Saint.

• 10 years ago

because he is smarter than superman

• 4 years ago

I was here on YA for something unrelated, then this question was trending on the sidebar...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.