I need suggestions for good books?

I guess I should tell you a little about what I'm looking for. First, im 14, so nothing too extreme :) but I do like Agatha Christie (I read a short story of hers in my English class) so if you have any specific books from her that you like, please tell me. I am currently reading the 3 part Anne of Green Gables series (Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, and Anne's House of Dreams) and I have a few other Anne books by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I like mystery, and I like classics. I'm also reading Pride and Prejudice. I can download them on my ipod i don't have to rent them just a few at a time at the library so do give as many suggestions as you can think of. I'm not a big fan of Biography or Autobiography but I guess if there is one that you particularly enjoy, then do tell.

Just list as many books as you can think of! Thanks ppl :D

I have an Ipod Touch - the newest one - and I have downloaded iBooks and Masterpieces so if that helps a little idk but that one comment talked about the iphone 4 so i thought i'd just mention that. Thanks for all your comments so far!

Favorite Answer

I have an iPhone 4 and like u have an app (2 actually; iBooks and megareader) that allows me to read the classics for free as part of the gutengurg project. I also have a fondness for the classics and have recently started going back reading the books that so many of our childhood movies are based on like:

Alice's adventures in wonderland by Lewis Carroll

-Which,btw, there is a second book and several short shorts of his that also take place in "wonderland";however, they are not exactly sequels.

Peter pan (Peter and Wendy) by J.M. Barrie

The wonderful wizard of OZ by Lyman frank Baum

Also another great classic is Utopia by Thomas Moore.

Getting back to what u said you liked, as my memory serves me miss Christie didn't write a bunch of works but one I have recently downloaded is The mysterious affair at styles.

Apart from those I would recommend anything by Jules Verne, my favorite being Journey to the interior of the earth, along with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (thats the sherlock holms guy. Lol).

Hope this was helpful. Happy reading!

Rebecca

Last of the Mohicans

Jane Eyre

Project 17

The Weekend Was Murder by Joan Lowry Nixon

The Circular Staircase

The Twisted Window by Lois Duncan

The House on the Hill by Eileen Dunlop

The 13th Floor by Sid Fleischman

Coffin on a Case by Eve Bunting

The Moonstone

Charles Dickens Great Expectations

George Orwell Animal Farm

Louisa May Alcott An Old Fashion Girl

I basing these off you reading Jane Austen.

I know it's redundant but Nancy Drew are easy mystery stories

V.C. Andrews is also probably something else you might enjoy

• amass

understand you mentioned no vampire books...yet i think of Twilight is great! that's a reliable e book and that's in a people attitude, not a vampires! it is likewise a action picture. there is: Twilight; New Moon; Eclipse; and Breaking daybreak... regardless of the incontrovertible fact that Breaking daybreak isn't out interior the cinema's yet... If not Twilight, then how approximately some Jaqueline Wilson books? they are surprising!!! and fairly humorous. desire I helped(: