Why don't Americans want affordable health care.?

Best Answer

Americans do. Unfortunately, Republican liars, corporate thieves, and the insurance industry cartel have conspired in one of the biggest propaganda machines since the Nazis and The Big Lie. Indeed, Goebbels himself would have been proud of them. They took an idea with 70% approval, lied continuously about it for months on end with the complicity of Fox 'News,' and managed to convince Americans ON MEDICARE that 'socialized medicine' would deprive them of care, even though that's what is providing most of their care now. It was an astounding thing to watch, and now that corporations have been granted free speech rights and the right to buy elections, I hate to think what will happen. Now multi-national corporations based abroad can pour billions into our elections in order to buy policies that will ensure our continued economic enslavement. I actually heard one of the right-wing talkers talking about 'union scum' being the biggest threat there is to our democracy. That really scares me.

I have health insurance through my employer, can't afford to use it. $500 deductible before they pay for anything, and 75% reimbursement up to $4000. I only make $11 an hour, and pay about $1/hr for insurance, how the hell am I supposed to afford that and still eat or have a place to live? So I will probably be dead from prostate cancer in a couple of years because I can't even afford the biopsy.

EDIT: All you jackasses that give me a thumbs down obviously don't have to live through it. Another case of the 'haves' saying 'too bad' to the 'have-nots.' I have news for you - I bet I work harder than you do.

We do. We just do not want governmental ran health care which is what the Obama care is. Most have affordable health care and do not want it taken way with what is now being said to be good by the government.

We do, what we don't want is a government run bureaucracy that will do nothing to better health care and do nothing to cut the costs of health care. The SINGLE biggest impediment to lower health care costs is the constitutional guarantee that states control issues within their own borders and STATE politicians mandate that only certain numbers of health care insurance companies are allowed to sell insurance in their state. There are over 1300 health insurance companies in the USA today, unfortunately, most states only allow 10 or so insurance companies to sell insurance in the state massively reducing competition.

whale

We do. But the health care reform that was passed by the Democrats last year does absolutely NOTHING to make health care more affordable.

• ?

We do but Obama Care is Far from affordable. We have already had large premium increases and only a few of the mandates are in effect.

We do, I have affordable health care which I pay for right now. I just don't want to have to pay for anybody elses health care as well.

To a lot of americans it's definitely not affordable. Someone is going to have to pay for the people on welfare so the working man gets the bill again and it's going to cost them a fortune.

I have great, affordable health care right now.

I, like most Americans, don't want to lose what we have.

My health care is extremely affordable. To liberals, "affordable" somehow means "free." Which you never get anything for free, but they don't seem to grasp that.

So, how's your tax rate Canada and UK?

We do.. the public option was competition...to lower costs...but Obama made a secret deal with the insurance companies and hospitals to KILL the public option...enabling the insurance companies to continue to gouge customers