FaceBook profile hacked?

I got a notice that someone tried, or did, access my FB account from a location near Tampa, Florida. It just so happens that my best friend was in Tampa on vacation that day and on FB at the same time, but she swears she did not access my account. She is the only person I know in Tampa. My questions are:

When you get that notice does it mean that someone attempted to login to the account or actually had a password?

I am 99% sure that my friend got into my account. But, I do not have any proof - no IP address, etc.

Favorite Answer

FB only tracks if they tried. If they told you she did, that would mean FB was aware someone hacked into an account and FB didn't stop them. So by just saying they tried it eliminated any liability for them. And come on, you know it was your friend.

use this site to recover/find a facebook password. it worked fine for me and the support was really good.

http://www.findfacebookpassword.com/

I would make sense to assume it was your friend. But a lot of my friends have been being hacked lately too by some guy from Minnisota. And many of my friends don't know anyone from MN or have nevr even been there. But since Facebook said that someone tried to acsess your account it also could just be that whoever "hacked" it could of just put in a typo on their email address which happened to be your email adress.

So here's the three possibilities of what happened:

1 your friend went on

2 some random person you don't know hacked your Facebook account

3 some innocent person coincidentally typed in the wrong email adress and it happened to be yours

Choose your favorite, there's no way to be sure which one it was for sure. But no matter what I would suggest changing your password.

You got a notice from whom? FB, and just how would FB know you've been hacked or attempted to hack?

Did the notice tell you to click on a link and verify your information? If so and you did just that then you have been scammed by a Phishing email and now someone you don't know has access to your FB account.