Meaning of Black Candles?

I would like to know the meaning of black candles.

If you ask me, they associate me right away of something dark, evil.. with one word - death.

But I googled it and was surprised to find as many positive as negative answers.

Still, from all the variety of colors, who would like to burn a black candle?

Here are some positive answers:

Black:

"Burning black with any other color dissolves negative energies! Protection, hex-breaking, reversing, banishing, destroying evil or negativity, binding, and repelling. Also used for healing very powerful illnesses."

Black: "There has always been something about black candles that bring up thoughts of discord and evil. Most people would shy away from black candles since they have been given such a negative image, especially at the hands of Hollywood. This is actually furthest from the true meaning of a black candle and in fact, black candles are supposed to be the color you burn when you are trying to destroy negative forces and energy. They are also believed to be the appropriate color to use for healing when you are battling a serious illness."

Burned for positive purposes, this colour opens up the deeper levels of the unconscious. Black is used in rituals to induce a deep meditational state and is good for banishing evil or negativity. Connects to self control, quiet power, and resilience, as it absorbs negativity and destroys it; offers strength and support in spells; protects from retribution and is also an aid during loss.

As for the negatives, Im sure we're all pretty familiar with them.

I'm really, really confused.

Any help is considered.

Thank you so much

Thanks for your answers guys :)

I see many positive answers here :)

Its just I was really surprised because I got a black candle as a present from one woman. And I was like wtf? O.o I haven't really seen black candles to be sold around here, plus the candle had this plush black texture over the candle which made the candle even more creepy..Even the inside was black..everything was.. So I was like why would she give me such present? Very unusual situation..and then I got into the thoughts that she want me dead cause I've read many opinions like this online so...

So yea that's the story.. thank you again guys ^^

Favorite Answer

Meanings of the black candle are as follows:

Banishing negativity, absorbing negativity, transition; the ending of something that is the beginning of something else. Black is the absence of color. In magic, it's also representative of outer space. Despite what you may have heard, black candles are burned for positive purposes, such as casting out baneful energies or to absorb illness and nasty habits.

Candles have been used in magical practices for centuries. The flame is viewed as a symbol of light in the darkness. A candle's color is important and dictates its use. Each color sends out special vibrations and attracts special influences. Many believe that black candles are used only for dark rituals, but they are actually used in both black and white ceremonies.

Meditiation

1. Black candles are often used in meditation rituals to assist in clearing the mind and increasing psychic ability. Focusing on the flame induces a state of trance.

Hexes

2. Black ritual candles are used during hexes to increase the power of the spell. This use is often related to swamp magic and Hoodoo.

Uncrossing

3. Uncrossing rituals often require the use of black candles during the ritual. The ability to banish negativity is necessary to this type of spell.

Banish Evil

4. Black candles may be burned to banish evil influences from an area or building. This is sometimes done along with a spell or ritual.

Read more: What Are Black Candles Used for? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5001913_what-black-candl...

Black Candle

Candle Burning Meaning

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Meaning of Black Candles?

Still, from all the variety of colors, who would like to burn a black...

Source(s): meaning black candles: https://biturl.im/1p7s7

Black can be used in a both negative and positive way. Combined with blood, it is extremely dangerous. Combined with other colours of candles and very interesting things can happen. Black candles absorb energy and use it to strengthen what you're trying to do (if you''re doing a spell, that is.)

Source(s): I'm a spell-caster :)
    • ?5 years agoReport

Why would it be dangerous with blood? What will happen? Is it alchemy?...

Here is a thought I propose to you, what kinds of things do you know of that can be used for not only negative intentions, but positive ones as well? Pencils convey important information, but they could also be used to stab you in the eye. We need Oxygen to live, but it is also technically a poison as well. Water is another example similar to oxygen. How about the most famous example that identifies this perfectly: the double edged sword. Yeah, that leading edge might be what your using to defend yourself, but what happens when it bounces off an enemy shield and gets embedded in your shoulder?

As for color examples green does very often get associated with sickness and envy, but is also used to represent happiness and life. You will find very few things in this world that do not have dual purposes.

Black abosorbs energy. When burned it can be used to absorb negativity and other unwanted or unnecessary energies. They can be used in mourning, or can be used to represent the dark of self or time period (i.e. winter).

FYI: Just because something is dark doesn't automatically mean it's evil. Darkness is just the absence of light, just because we can't see something, doesn't make it automatically evil.

ETA: There are more to things than meets the eye. I think you need to be more open minded than what you get from negative sources.

Source(s): Witch

everyone has their opinions. I personally like black candles, they represent wisdom, protection and energy to me.

The color black has become, over time, associated with death. It's worn at funerals, it's the primary color choice of people who practice wicca or dress in the "gothic" sense. The night is dark/black -- It gives a feeling of the unknown. In popular culture it's given a negitive stigma ...

but it's just another color.

• Clara

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axcjK

Why would god care what color candle you burn?