Meaning of Black Candles?

I would like to know the meaning of black candles. If you ask me, they associate me right away of something dark, evil.. with one word - death. But I googled it and was surprised to find as many positive as negative answers. Still, from all the variety of colors, who would like to burn a black candle? Here... show more I would like to know the meaning of black candles.
If you ask me, they associate me right away of something dark, evil.. with one word - death.
But I googled it and was surprised to find as many positive as negative answers.
Still, from all the variety of colors, who would like to burn a black candle?

Here are some positive answers:

Black:
"Burning black with any other color dissolves negative energies! Protection, hex-breaking, reversing, banishing, destroying evil or negativity, binding, and repelling. Also used for healing very powerful illnesses."

Black: "There has always been something about black candles that bring up thoughts of discord and evil. Most people would shy away from black candles since they have been given such a negative image, especially at the hands of Hollywood. This is actually furthest from the true meaning of a black candle and in fact, black candles are supposed to be the color you burn when you are trying to destroy negative forces and energy. They are also believed to be the appropriate color to use for healing when you are battling a serious illness."

Burned for positive purposes, this colour opens up the deeper levels of the unconscious. Black is used in rituals to induce a deep meditational state and is good for banishing evil or negativity. Connects to self control, quiet power, and resilience, as it absorbs negativity and destroys it; offers strength and support in spells; protects from retribution and is also an aid during loss.

As for the negatives, Im sure we're all pretty familiar with them.

I'm really, really confused.

Any help is considered.

Thank you so much
Update: Thanks for your answers guys :) I see many positive answers here :) Its just I was really surprised because I got a black candle as a present from one woman. And I was like wtf? O.o I haven't really seen black candles to be sold around here, plus the candle had this plush black texture over the candle which made... show more Thanks for your answers guys :)
I see many positive answers here :)

Its just I was really surprised because I got a black candle as a present from one woman. And I was like wtf? O.o I haven't really seen black candles to be sold around here, plus the candle had this plush black texture over the candle which made the candle even more creepy..Even the inside was black..everything was.. So I was like why would she give me such present? Very unusual situation..and then I got into the thoughts that she want me dead cause I've read many opinions like this online so...
So yea that's the story.. thank you again guys ^^