*
* asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Help with teen fat loss tips?

I am 16, about 5 foot 6 and weigh about 128 pounds. I know I am a healthy weight, but I wish to get rid of the fat around my stomach.

I have been running twice daily, totally 30 mins a day, and I have been eating healthier.

Any tips on how to lose the fat around my stomach? Personal weight loss stories welcome.

Favorite Answer

I'm 15 and last summer I tried to lose weight. Well I did but I gained it back because after school when I get home I eat chips. XD So anyway. What I did was, I avoided bread and rice and other foods like that 'cause I hear they can cause fat even if they're healthy. And then try doing other kinds of exercise. I did 40 mins. of exercise 4x a week including using the jump rope, using my aunt's elliptical trainer, dancing, doing sit ups & stuff. So like in 40 minutes I get to do a whole lot of different kinds of exercise. And drink lots of water. Like if you're hungry, but it isn't exactly time for breakfast lunch or dinner yet, just drink a whole lot of water. Your belly might get big from drinking that much, but once you pee, it all comes out. You don't gain fat from water, I think.

So that was what I did. I didn't really measure my weight tho, because what I was aiming for was a smaller waistline, and I was able to do so. I think I lost like 4-5 inches in like a month & a half. I was happy with that. Too bad I have to do it all over again because I gained it back when school started again. XD Also keep a tally of your weight for every two weeks. And you can see if it works or not.

Good luck! :) Hope I helped.

Losing 10 lbs a month is a well and dependable goal. Any quicker weight reduction might be transitority most effective and ordinarily you regain all of it. Running, strolling, biking, swimming, dancing, push ups, take a seat ups, squats, brisk running and vigor running all aid for weight reduction however eating plan is helping extra. One of the healthiest weight reduction diets is the DASH nutrition. The healthful DASH nutrition can aid you drop some pounds correctly and conveniently, cut down your ldl cholesterol and cut down your blood strain. It is founded on an eating regimen wealthy in culmination and greens, and occasional-fats or non-fats dairy, with complete grains. It is a top fiber, low to mild fats nutrition, and is wealthy in potassium, calcium, and magnesium. You can see extra main points in a internet seek for "sprint nutrition" + "drop some pounds".

eat fewer calories than you burn to lose weight

muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week

45 minute jog at a 10 minute mile pace

Hitting the gym is important for weight loss

The mix of cardio and toning five times a week will keep metabolism humming

share your weight loss goals with your friends and family make it a positive life change and ask for their encouragement

distracted dining will get you in trouble avoid eating in front of a television or in a movie theater as you re bound to consume more calories

Keep a food journal and weight yourself regularly to track your progress