Anyone know the name of a book about a teenage girl surviving in the alaskan wilderness?

It was from the late 70s early 80s and the girl was on her way to be with her dad when the small plane she was on went down and she had to survive on her own in the wilderness trying to find her way to civilization...It was a really good read...

• Ace
    Favorite Answer

Was it "Julie of the Wolves" by Jean Craighead George? The girl runs away from her eskimo village and wanders into the wild. She is taken in by a pack of wolves, who help her to survive.

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

Did you ever find out the answer? I'm looking for this book. Loved this book and would like my daughter to read it. . .

Sorry, I don't know the name of that story, but if it was the survival aspect you liked about the book, try "Island of the Blue Dolphins" as a substitute. :)