What are some similarities with Jackie Chan and Jet-Li?

i need some for my compare and contrast essay. and if one can can you please say some differeneces

Favorite Answer

I can give you a few facts and differences. Firstly, Jackie Chan has more years on him than Jet Li being born in 1954 whereas Li was born in 1963. Chan was born in Hong Kong, China and Li in Beijing which is mainland China. Chan's style and background vary from Li greatly as well. Chan is a martial artist, but Li is a CHAMPION martial artist. Li began early practicing wu shu, which is apparently the dominant form in mainland China. Chan's abilities are geared more toward drama, film and stunt work. Although, Chan obviously would have no trouble kicking a$$. If you got in the ring, you'd want to fight neither, but Li would kick your butt to kingdom come. Chan is generally in comedies and Li is almost always in very serious hardcore fight films because he is in real life very serious about his art. Chan is awesome in his way to use his martial art and incorporate it into physical comedy on screen. That is genius. You rarely see anything like it these days. Go back to your EARLY old black and white's and you'll see what I mean. ie Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton. Anyway, I don't know what martial art or martial art mixtures Chan uses, but I do know he learned acrobatics, drama, and singing, so his career was originally geared directly for screen and stage whereas Li originally was a fighter and began doing films as he became noticed.

That's all i can give you for now. Have to run, but I hope that helped! I love them both, but Li rings my bell most!

Both are portrayed to be stereotypical Asian martial arts experts in the media

there both asain