Henry Ford--Why is he the best inventor compared to these others?

I have to write a persuasive argument as to why i should win the Nobel prize for my invention (pretending like I'm Henry ford) are any of the following people influenced by my invention or either the model t or concept of the mass production assembly line? Would any of them been unable to do their job without Henry Ford?

Eli Whitney*

Samuel Morse

Samuel Slater

Elias Howe

Cyrus Field

Alexander Graham Bell *

Thomas Edison*

James Watt

Wright Brothers*

Louis Sullivan

John Deere*

Cyrus McCormick

George Washington Carver*

note-- the ones with a * are my guess for main competition in this little debate thing. Therefore anything to make them seem less important is especially helpful. I can get extra credit and 10 pts to the best thorough answer! Thanks guys!

Best Answer

Henry Ford is most noted for his ability to use interchangeable parts on an assembly line to mass produce products such as automobiles and tractors.

• Jay

Although they are the 2 things most attributed to him, the car and the assembly line were not invented by Henry Ford.

He does have 161 U.S. patents in his name though, so I would start there.

By comparison, Thomas Edison had 1,093 US patents in his name(the light bulb is not one of them).

The Nobel prize is given to those who create the "greatest benefit on mankind". For the Nobel prizes, there also tends to an emphasis on scientific discoveries more than inventions so keep that in mind too.

He invented the Ford Company!!!!! Without this invention, we would have to walk on our feet in order to get somewhere