Henry Ford-- Why was he better than these other inventors?

I have to write a persuasive argument as to why i should win the Nobel prize for my invention (pretending like I'm Henry ford) are any of the following people influenced by my invention or either the model t or concept of the mass production assembly line? Would any of them been unable to do their job without Henry Ford?

Eli Whitney*

Samuel Morse

Samuel Slater

Elias Howe

Cyrus Field

Alexander Graham Bell *

Thomas Edison*

James Watt

Wright Brothers*

Louis Sullivan

John Deere*

Cyrus McCormick

George Washington Carver*

note-- the ones with a * are my guess for main competition in this little debate thing. Therefore anything to make them seem less important is especially helpful. I can get extra credit and 10 pts to the best thorough answer! Thanks guys!

Best Answer

Henry Ford was able to use the assembly line and interchangeable parts to create automobiles and tractors that they average worker could afford.

• Jay

Why do people answer when it's obvious they don't know what they are talking about? Henry Ford had over 100 inventions in his name. I'd say that makes him an inventor.

He didn't invent the automobile or assembly line though. They were both around earlier. He just combined the 2 to create cheap automobiles.

Eli Whitney assembled cotton jinns with an assembly line before Henry Ford's T. Whitney was the first to make use of fully interchangeable parts.

Ransom E. Olds assembled cars on an assembly line in 1901 before the Model T.

First you will have to properly qualify exactly what Ford did, before you can say he invented anything.

Henry Ford invented Manufacturing Processes rather than a really unique new product. Many of the other inventors created unique products.

I think creating Mass Production was a key development in the

Industrial revolution, but the two most prolific inventors were Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison.

i might argue that HF became the main influential corporation guy and producer* yet i does not say he became an inventor. bypass with the revolutioned section and his philosophy of reliable wages. *the main influential became the guy (a gun producer) that got here up with the assumption of interchangeable areas. it is the thought enable HF mass produce vehicles on an assembly line, besides as being the muse of maximum production traces interior the final one hundred years.

• Rick

Henry Ford wasn't actually an inventor. It was more in the way he incorporated existing technology and refined it into his products than new inventions.

Well, you can't nominate yourself for a Nobel prize so I wouldn't bother.