How to treat a straightener burn?

I was just straightening my hair and then my thumb slipped and touched the plates which burnt my finger, it was only on my finger for 2 seconds but enough to make it really painful! My mom told me to run it under water for 10 minutes or until my finger goes red, so i did that and it went numb, then i wrapped an ice... show more I was just straightening my hair and then my thumb slipped and touched the plates which burnt my finger, it was only on my finger for 2 seconds but enough to make it really painful! My mom told me to run it under water for 10 minutes or until my finger goes red, so i did that and it went numb, then i wrapped an ice cold flannel around it and now im using an ice pack.

Its right on a crease on my thumb so it hurts to bend, its sore and warm to touch it, its shiny a little swollen and there is a visible white line where it was burnt!

Help please? Thanks!