Was Nutella sold by Ferrero to another company a few years ago ?

I read somewhere that about 8 years ago Nutella had been sold to Nestle or someone else in Switzerland but now I see that it seem to be still owned by Ferrero . I'm a bit confused

Favorite Answer

Nutella has been invented (based on the traditional Piedmontese Gianduja) and always been produced by Ferrero. There are other companies producing similar spreads, but obviously using a different name for their products.

Ferrero is a very strong company: Michele Ferrero is the richest man in Italy and plan to expand in Asia, having conquered yet North America.

Ferrero have ties with Switzerland as a sponsor of Swiss National football team and of Tour de Suisse (bike).

No! The Ferrero family is still in business and doing very well.

Only controversy I heard of recently was that they may be working on a recipe change due to the stringent obesity laws now in Italy! This does not set well with Nutella lovers worldwide.

Ferrero, also makes Kinder eggs and bars, Mon Chéri and Ferrero Rocher chocolates and Tic Tac mints.

Nestle Nutella