Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 10 years ago

If Israel's mere existence causes so much turmoil, should it merge with Palestine, creating a new democracy?

Or is Israel the Jew's last, great hope at a chance of survival into the future?

I don't advocate this merger obviously, I'm just curious as to others' opinions.

Update:

EDIT: Grandma, who are the foxes and who are the hens in your analogy?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel's existence doesn't cause too much turmoil.

The suggestion seems to be that if Israel weren't there, turmoil would be less. I see no evidence to support that claim.

There are about 26 conflicts going on in the world.

1 involves Israel.

22 involve Moslem states or populations.

Israel has nothing to do with Sunni and Shia slaughtering one another, Christians, and Sufis and Hindus on occasion.

Israel has nothing to do with Iran threatening her gulf neighbors and claiming them as their property since Iran is heir to the Persian empire.

It has nothing to do with Syria killing about 30,000-40,000 citizens in one weekend or Jordan killing about 10,000 Palestinian Arabs in a month over disagreements.

Christians were free to live and practice their religion in Bethlehem and Nazareth UNTIL Israel turned it over the PA and Hamas. Now, there is ethnic cleansing, kidnappings and forced conversions, murder, torture, and sexual assault rampant.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

(1)

The merger that you speak of could have occurred decades ago.

But Israel must be “wiped off the face of the Earth” as arabs would have it.

How do you get an authority that reasons in that way to compromise?

Sure, a merger is a great solution. Everybody else in the world finds a way

to merge or draw conclusive lines and to put an end to their wars.

Israel has a need to build concrete walls around its land to prevent constant

terror attacks because the arabs are disappointed that they lost the war that

they started in 1967.

(2)

I don’t understand what you mean when you say:

“Or is Israel the Jew's last, great hope at a chance of survival into the future?”

Jews are smart people who, generally, educate their children and teach them

to be competitive. When is the last time you met a dumb Jew?

Jews are raised to be survivors and the deterioration of Israel would merely

be a slight side-swiping for them. They would be back on their feet in no time.

They are a tough breed.

(3)

BTW, I have no particular love for Jews. I just don’t like the way that people

blindly accuse them of everything when there are plenty of @ssholes to go

around from all races and all ethnic groups.

• andy
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

No, since Palestine after Israel was created for about 20 years or so was part of Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. None of these nations wanted to deal with the people but wanted the land. It was only after Israel won the 6 day war that Palestine itself gained independence but since it would lose a lot of aid if it became a self-sustaining Nation they instead play the victim card and stay under UN oversight.

• 10 years ago

Actually it's Palestines existence that causes so much turmoil to Israel. I.E. Israel is doing it to themselves and then they cry foul. Palestine is much more the victim here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

There are more jews in America than in Israel. and 1 in 7 Israelis are arabs not jews, so it already is a thriving democracy where people live side by side in peace.

• justa
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

As soon as we start advocating joining with Mexico, so their drug cartels can stop causing so much turmoil on our borders.

And hoping they will all go away and make it all better.

You don't put the fox into the hen house and ask why all the hens are gone.

How you determine who are the foxes, and who are the hens, depends on your point of view, doesn't it?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The Palestinians would never have it. They just want to kill the Jews.

• 10 years ago

WHO WILL BE IN CHARGE, THE JEWS OR THE MUSLIMS?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.