Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Would you be in favor to mandatory annual mental health exams of gun owners for license renewal?

• Emily
    Best Answer

Absolutely. As well as monthly "show and shoots" with your local/county government to prove that you still own and can properly operate the weapon. That alone prevents the sale, sale, and re-sale of firearms, which eventually end up in the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

Source(s): Gun-owning liberal. :)

How about once a decade, unless you are the victim of a violent crime and someone in your community says it would be a good idea to get an exam.

How about we start encouraging more personal responsibility for individuals as well as communities to "take care of" the people living in their own communities and themselves? That would answer this question, and it would save tax payers money if more people were less selfish/dependent on the government and less lazy.

Thank you.

Source(s): Are we talking about a priviledge or a right? Because I did think it was a right, where as driving is a priviledge.

I wonder how the Virgina Tech Shooter got a license for a gun in 2007.

All of those College Kids would be alive today, had Psychological Pre-Screening Procedures been in place.

So I am a big supporter of Mental Examinations for Gun Owners, because lets face it, there are a lot of unstable people out there.

• cyrus

do you should do all that now. purely earlier i left SA i had a 9mm parabellum, easily we had some guns and that i found it this manner of nuicence. everywhere we went we had at hand it in for safekeeping and that i purely might want to not see the point of wearing a gun everywhere. i'm satisfied we were given rid of them i doubt if i might want to ever were waiting to shoot all people besides. i turned right into a good shot and so were my daughters notwithstanding the hassles changed into purely not well worth it.

No. Some Nut jobs own guns, others do not. Those who do not use other tools to harm themselves and others.

But I'll go for it if non-gun owners get the same treatment for failing to take precautions for their own well being.

I bet you think this is an Intelligent question. The right to keep and bear arms is given to the people in the Second Amendment. No license is (or should be) required.

NO. But I would be in favor of them for congressmen AND bi-annual driver exam's for all over 50. Many more are killed by poor drivers than crazy gunmen.

Yes a back round check should be done for mental health too. Some states have no back round checks at all you go to a gun show and buy any gun you want. THAT IS WRONG

No, since the ones who actually have guns legally aren't the threat or the problem. It doesn't address the guns in the hood issue at all.

• EP

I favor mandatory IQ test before being allowed to vote