Why do people hate michael moore?

BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!

i have looked up this question (it's been asked several times) and read the answers by other people but people don't cite any evidence. they just put things like "because he lies" or "because he doesn't show both sides" or "because he edits things" or just "because he's an arrogant liberal"... but no one ever actually puts WHAT he lies about and then inserts information about the "truth". no do people attempt picking on one of his points and then pointing out the other side. no has anyone put a link of something like the original film and the places that he edited out etc etc..

i know what people are trying to say.. but DO THEY know where they got it from? from some other person that said something that they heard from yet another person?

can someone answer my question about why do you hate michael moore and then provide evidence to you claims instead of a half *** answer? thank you

Update:

historbuff.. did you not read my entire question? you answer is the EXACT thing that i told people not to do. put some evidence behind your claims

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Shae
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I actually like him. He is not afraid to say what needs to be said.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

His work is not at all like a documentary. It is more propaganda. You can't use so much flash, glitz, and drama and call it a documentary. This is why people hate Fox News; it's not news. Moore (pbuh) then becomes an icon as a "documentary film maker", which is like calling Glen Beck (pbuh) a journalist.

His films are manipulative pieces of propaganda which are not concerned with documenting anything but his experience. Often, the focus is not on the issue but rather his interaction with the issue; like getting dragged out by security or staging a scene in Target (Bowling for Columbine). He no different than James O'Keefe (ACORN pimp), except more people take his pranks as journalism.

I happen to be on his side of every political issue he's covered and even like his movies, but he's still a tabloid dousche. However, his protege, Louis Theroux (pbuh), is freakin' awesome.

• 9 years ago

I have love-hate feelings about Michael Moore.

I like that he raises important issues, and I tend to agree with his position on them.

But he puts this forward in such a biased way that it is easy to find bias in part of what he says, and that allows people to throw out the good stuff with the bad.

For example, in Sicko he points out that the US is the only 1st world country without state funded health care. He points out some of the many flaws in the US system.

But then he goes on and effectively says that you can get better health care in Cuba. Sorry, that is clearly bollocks for 99% of the US population.

It is great that he cares about the US. It is great that he is pointing out that US health care is broken and going to a point where only the seriously rich will be able to afford it. But by saying silly things, by producing half truths (the UK, French, Canadian, etc. health cares systems are not 100% perfect and have their own problems that their governments need to address) he allows his opponents to just hand wave away the entire debate that he should be starting.

• 9 years ago

He tends to be liked by people with a left leaning social agenda and disliked by more conservative elements in society. He doesn't always give the entire truth as well as using clever editing to tell his story and this riles up those who are on the receiving end of his sharp tongue. Those people tend to be on the right politically.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

What he lies about is what he claims to be compared to what he really is. He openly mocks the capitalistic system, yet enjoys the fruits of it. What do I mean by that? His movies makes millions, he himself is a multimillionaire (and openly brags about it). How did he make his money? Through a capitalistic system!

If you're interested in some of the lies of his movies, they are too numerous to list here. Here's just one of many websites that will give you links to some of the outright lies:

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

Or you can simply google "Michael Moore". You'll get plenty of content.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope. Not gonna read the whole thing...

The answer is because his followers think this is a religious question.

• 9 years ago

If you look at the movie productions he made, he seems to always make a movie right after a nation catastrophe.

Ergo, he makes profit off of emotional Americans.

• Gaius
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

He would be great on here. He loves to guess at answers without even bothering to research them, and his movies are misrepresentations of truth.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

some do not like him for the simple reason that he places you in the spotlight. asking you questions you do not want voiced, especially when honest answers will get you dragged through the news, or worse. dragged through congress(and the news). i've never seen him target innocent people. just greedy and self serving people.

Source(s): just watch what he does.
  • poop
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Even though I'm a liberal, I don't like his documentaries because he relies heavily on appeals to emotion and shoddy fact-checking.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

More than who?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.