no name asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do people hate michael moore?

BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!

i have looked up this question (it's been asked several times) and read the answers by other people but people don't cite any evidence. they just put things like "because he lies" or "because he doesn't show both sides" or "because he edits things" or just "because he's an arrogant liberal"... but no one ever actually puts WHAT he lies about and then inserts information about the "truth". no do people attempt picking on one of his points and then pointing out the other side. no has anyone put a link of something like the original film and the places that he edited out etc etc..

i know what people are trying to say.. but DO THEY know where they got it from? from some other person that said something that they heard from yet another person?

can someone answer my question about why do you hate michael moore and then provide evidence to you claims instead of a half *** answer? thank you

Update:

primo... your answer is the reason why i posted this question.. you say that he lies.. yet you don't provide any evidence.. i hate that you are considered a top contributer with your half *** answers

20 Answers

Relevance
  • RE
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He embarrasses prominent people by exposing the truth about them, and they in turn vilify him to make themselves look better

• Leona
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

people don't like him because he is not afraid to say what is wrong with America. People are instilled with the belief that the actions of the united states are never wrong at a very young age and it is these people that hate him. There was some controversy as to the validity of the evidence he found for his film "Fahrenheit 911," but nothing to the extent that some people have posted above. I also don't believe that he is unbiased, but his bias is not outrageous, it is the bias of an educated citizen. Some people just don't like fat people though. Michael Moore = fat

• 9 years ago

Keep in mind how many people love him also.

This is a politically bipartisan country so when you make movies that strongly take a side on controversial issues you will draw strong emotions from both sides of the spectrum.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I don't have the time to list the lies, try google and you'll get a few million examples. If you're too lazy to do your own research, don't berate us for not doing it for you. He lies. He cuts his movies in such a way as to imply something that isn't true. He rails against tax credits when he himself benefited from those very same tax credits. He's intellectually dishonest. Fact. Now take 5 minutes, use google, and educate yourself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Should a 400 lb man advise us on the evils of over-consumption?

Should the resident of a million-dollar apartment claim to be a poster boy of the working class?

Should a person who thought that Enron was a great investment, that Ralph Nader, Wesley Clark and John Kerry would win, and that North Korea's Kim Jong was changing for the better, advise us on ANYTHING?

He is thought to be a tool of the left, when in fact, he uses the left as HIS tool to further his agenda. Remember that this man preaches about the evils of capitalism while laughing his a off all the way to the bank. If he thought capitalism was pure evil, he would have distributed his last movie making that point exactly for FREE.

• 9 years ago

The extent of his lies -- most of those are BY OMISSION and thus harder to nail -- is documented extensively. Do a Google search.

For one example his praising of Cuba's health care completely omits the fact, that the wonderful hospital showcased in the movie is located in a pre-revolutionary building (Castro's regime is not building such things) and houses the TOP hospital of the country -- to which only the elite have access. That the real Cubans have to bring light-bulbs and toilet paper to a hospital with them (and, of course, the clean sheets, etc.) is not mentioned either.

The man's agenda is anti-Capitalist, and free people tend to dislike that rather strongly...

• 9 years ago

Because Michael Moore thinks facts are subjective, skews the truth, misleads and takes things out of context, lies, and uses the very capitalist system he is so critical of to gain obscene amounts of wealth. Not to mention he's a huge hypocrite (see below).

"Capitalism: A Love Story, exposes the lie that it is. And the great thing is, you can see it for only nine dollars at your local cinema."

Okay, so he didn't really say that. But you see what I mean?

• 9 years ago

Here is a site that talks about 56 lies in F 9/11.

The fact that people dislike him (I don't care about him enough to hate him) is because he is nothing more than a propagandist who gets the unintelligent riled up and the rest of us have to deal with angry idiots who fall for his crap.

I don't under any circumstances think that he believes the crap he spews, he just deposits the checks.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Although entitled to his opinion he hate America and the capitalist way that has brought him his own wealth.

He is hypocritical and obnoxious. He is unkempt has no manners and is crude. He laid off his staff when there was no work for them yet he made millions bashing companies for laying off workers when there was no work for them. He is a pig.

• 9 years ago

He plays conspiracy theory games.

I.e. Fahrenheit 911: Drawing a link between Bush and Osama Bin Laden was an irresponsible and deceptive thing to do, and it was used to draw a speculative conclusion about motive, and by extension, guilt.

Using Micheal Moore's logic, since I got an inheritance when my grandmother died, I must have killed her.

I admire what he's trying to do most of the time, he's fighting the good fight, but he's doing it the wrong way.

• 9 years ago

Because hardly any of his "facts" are facts at all. Just pieced together statements and video clips twisted and turned to look worse than they actually are. They're aimed at an audience whose mind is already set in that direction so any little piece of "evidence" provided by him is all too easily eaten up and taken as gospel. He is criticized so much because the people on the outside who see his movies for what they really are think it's laughable that anyone would actually believe his BS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.