Is Graphic Design the college degree I want?

Ok, so I'm a junior in high school right now, and I'm starting to think about what I want to do for college. So I tried doing a little bit of research to figure out what degree I want, and I came to the conclusion that I want to edit videos. Like make special effects and help create movies, I started getting into the special effects stuff ( I use Adobe After Effects ) and I like creating and editing things... so my question to you guys is, what degree is that exactly? would that be considered Graphic Design? If so, does it pay well? Please help me figure out the answer to this, I really want to find out what I'm going to be doing in the future. Thanks!

P.S Sorry I'm asking this again, but I really need some good answers.

Oh and, I don't really need to know any certain colleges to go to (because I'll be picking myself) but what I mostly want to know is, what degree exactly am I supposed to go for? In detail if you can please, thanks

If you want to create special effects then you want to major in graphic design for sure. I do know that FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in LA has a great graphic design program that focuses on the entertainment industry.

LA would be the perfect place for you to be since it's the center of the entertainment world, the movie studios are all there and you could easily land internships and jobs with movie companies.

From what I've heard, the graphic design field does pay well and you don't have to worry about not having a job because graphic deisgners are always in demand!

FIDM overall has a great reputation in the entertainment industry and their grads are very successful. Check out their website and see if you like their graphic design program and you could also talk to an adviser who can answer all your questions. Good luck!

Check college catalogs. It will be different with different schools. Try Film, Television, Journalism, Graphic Design, or Communication.

Good luck.