Can you be sent to a psych ward for cutting and suicidal thoughts?

If you are going to say anything about how I should just live my life "normally" and stop being emo, don't bother even reading any further. I have cut for about a year, and have had suicidal thoughts for a year and a half. I'm addicted to pain killers. Somebody I know found out and I am being... show more If you are going to say anything about how I should just live my life "normally" and stop being emo, don't bother even reading any further. I have cut for about a year, and have had suicidal thoughts for a year and a half. I'm addicted to pain killers. Somebody I know found out and I am being forced to tell my school therapist, and if I don't the person who found out will and that will be ten times worse then if I tell them, but I don't want to be sent to a psych ward like another kid in my school who was suicidal.
Update: Thanks so far. I never thought there would be a day I would say I can't wait for school on Monday. Lizzyyyy, you might not realize it but by you saying that I am not an emo punk to you and that I am a person made my day. Just reading that after being called a freaky emo chick for years planted a huge smile on my... show more Thanks so far. I never thought there would be a day I would say I can't wait for school on Monday.
Lizzyyyy, you might not realize it but by you saying that I am not an emo punk to you and that I am a person made my day. Just reading that after being called a freaky emo chick for years planted a huge smile on my face. I have never smiled bigger in my life. Thank you, you probably don't realize how happy that made me.