Can we deport illegal Mexicans to Ecuador they can get amnesty there if they denounce corruption can stay?

QUITO, Ecuador – Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa is offering to regularize illegal migrants if they report corrupt police who allegedly try to extort money in exchange for not reporting them.

Correa says that he has received complaints that some police officers, "instead of proceeding with the case, ask for money."

The president says that he is instructing Interior Minister Alfredo Vera to investigate the complaints, and that in a week he will publicize a telephone number for migrants to call.

Announcing the new measure Saturday during his weekly radio show, Correa said to illegal migrants that if "you help me capture a police officer involved in these corrupt practices, I'll give you the papers to become regularized."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110101/ap_on_re_la_am...

Best Answer

It would be nice if Ecuador would take them off our hands. I can't wait to hear how this program works out for Ecuador, though.

• They would run from there, they won't fight the corruption in their own country so I don't see them actually doing it any where else.