Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 9 years ago

best area to stay in phuket?

hi, we're a family of four (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 child) and we're visiting phuket in January after Bangkok.

we're just wondering where is the best place to stay in phuket? We know not much about the place so where is an area where it is close to most of the main tourist sites/attractions and the 'main' area where most people stay. We so far have narrowed down to two hotels - club andaman and burasari resort. is patong the 'main' and best place to stay?

We don't want to be far away from the main areas, but also don't want it too noisy/loud (can you hear the noise from inside the hotel?).

anyway, also things to do would be great! as well as does the phi phi island ferry make you seasick?

thanks!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Patong is ok.

Also try given best answer when you ask a question, not like you done in the past. It's the right thing to do.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I would say that Patong is probably not the best idea for your family in phuket! Kata is definitely from personal experience the best area for family's. Simply because Patong is full of drunks getting very loud all night and the sex trade is rife around there

Hope that helps!

• 9 years ago

Patong, Kata and Karon Beach is a good place to stay

but Patong Area is have a lot of entertainment center and maybe noisy in some area

Bura Sari Resort is a good resort is on south of Patong beach and not noisy

for Phi Phi Island by Big Cruise i think its not make ur seasick or if u feel that u just walkout to upper desk and watch out to beautiful sea

any information, feel free to contact me by email: mod@swtravelagent.com

or blossom.swtravel@yahoo.com

i am travel agency and we also have office in Phuket too ;)

MOD

• 9 years ago

Patong is the main place to be in Phuket but to me it has become very expensive and over crowded/

For information on what to see and do go to sawadee.com - for good rates on hotels go to agoda.com - also check out pucket.com.

You will not get sea sick on ferry.

If I were you check out krabi.com - more scenic , less crowded around Ao Nang or surrounding area - easy access to Phi Phi and other Islands

Hope you and your family have a wonderful time

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Patong is OK if you stay in a resort like the Holiday Inn (perfect for kids)- it seems like a quite island in this busy and also loud,crowded place. Another option is Karon or Kata (better beaches). Main areas don't really exist on Phuket since it depends what one is looking for.

Sightseeing: the big Buddha (preferably on a sunny clear day), View point for a great sun set, a wat (buddhist temple),local markets etc.

• 9 years ago

Patong Beach is Okay for you and your family. You can find cheap accommodation and not faraway from beach.

• 4 years ago

i'm recommend nai harn beach

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.