What happend to shirley temple?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

She is still alive and is 82 years old.

In 1958, Temple returned to show business with a two-season television anthology series of fairy tale adaptations. She made guest appearances on various television shows in the early 1960s and filmed a sitcom pilot that was never released. She sat on the boards of many corporations and organizations including The Walt Disney Company, Del Monte Foods, and the National Wildlife Federation. In 1967, she ran unsuccessfully for United States Congress, and was appointed United States Ambassador to Ghana in 1974 and to Czechoslovakia in 1989. In 1988, she published her autobiography, Child Star. Temple is the recipient of many awards and honors including Kennedy Center Honors and a Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award.

Following her venture into television, Shirley Temple became active in the Republican Party in California, where, in 1967, she ran unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in a special election to fill a vacant seat.[93][94] She ran as a conservative and lost to liberal Republican Pete McCloskey, a staunch opponent of the Vietnam War.

Temple was appointed Representative to the 24th General Assembly of the United Nations by President Richard M. Nixon (September - December 1969),[97][98] and was appointed United States Ambassador to Ghana (December 6, 1974 – July 13, 1976) by President Gerald R. Ford.[99] She was appointed first female Chief of Protocol of the United States (July 1, 1976 – January 21, 1977), and was in charge of arrangements for President Jimmy Carter's inauguration and inaugural ball.[99][100] She was appointed by President George H. W. Bush as United States Ambassador to Czechoslovakia (August 23, 1989 – July 12, 1992).

• 4 years ago

Shirley Temple died on February 10, 2014, Woodside, CA

• cltd
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Nothing recently that I'm aware of. A couple years ago she fell and broke her arm, but I'd imagine that it's healed by now.

She has been out of the public eye for the past few years, the last time I saw her on TV was when she won the SAG Lifetime Achievement Award, I believe that was in 2006.

• 9 years ago

She grew up, but she never once appeared in a soap opera.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

She is still alive and is retired.

• Slug
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

your not on your own there kevin i thought she had been assassinated or had a drugs overdose that killed her off.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.