What career would provide a better life: CEO/Business or Doctor?

I am interested in being either a CEO or a doctor. What career would provide a better life?

Criteria:

1)Best salary.

2)Least stress.

3)Most free time.

4)Choice of country/state/city to stay.

5)Most influence.

I hope people in these fields could help me out. Thanks!

@J M: I have already decided on these two. I know neither have the least stress or the most free time but I just need to decided between the two not all the careers out there. Thank you for your answer though.

• JoeyV
    Favorite Answer

CEO is guaranteed to nobody and getting there may not be fun. MD is one of those things that if you have the ability, it's pretty straightforward (albeit lots of work) to get there. 2-4 favor the MD. 1 & 5 favor the CEO.

BTW - a really rich doctor makes $750,000/year. Bill Gates is worth $60B. So an MD only needs to save all his salary for 100,000 years to have as much money as Bill Gates.

• Ann

Only you can decide what your career should be; there are no guarantees in either. Sometimes there is a lot of stress that goes with a great salary. Sometimes there are lots of sacrifices (like free time) that go with both jobs. Hope this helps.

These are not jobs you just pick. They require hard work, dedication and patience. It takes years to work your way up to a CEO position and few have the qualifications for it. A Dr. does not do that job for money or position. He must be a compassionate concerned person with intelligence and skill.

It does not sound like you have a clue about either of these positions.

Neither