Questions on becomming famous. ?

Should I be embarrased to tell my parents I want to be a famous singer and actress? I am a teenager. I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to be Nickelodeon actress or a Disney actress. I have done research on Disney not nickelodeon yet. I have found the reseme and what I need to apply and if I have questions what number to call.

More questions about this.

1. It says get a picture from Now not from school or anything but from a professional photographer. Where can I find a proffessional photographer to take a picture of me?

2.how much does it cost to get a proffesional picture done for me?

3. Do I have to have an agent?

4. How much are agents and where can I get one?

5. Do you honestly think I have a chance to become famous? And how?

Thank you so much! Have a happy New Year!

Favorite Answer

Some photographers specialize in headshot and commercial print photography.

Los Angeles headshots can cost anywhere from 350-700

3. Do I have to have an agent?

If you plan on auditioning for theatrical work (television and film), an agent is mandatory because you will need your agent to negotiate your contract (you can't do it yourself). And besides, its much harder to get auditions without one.

You should never pay an agent any upfront fees. Agents only get paid when you book a job. They get 10%-20% of whatever you make. In order to get an agent, you need to put together a resume and a few snapshots and them out to agents. You need to put together your resume. Include all community theatre, school plays etc.

After you put together your resume, you need to take a few snapshots. Professional pictures or headshots are not neccessary until you get an agent. When taking snapshots you want a clear picture, up against a white wall, with no distractions. No people in backgroud. No shirts with patterns, stripes ect.

Then you need to send your snapshots and resume to the agency by email or hardcopy, depending on their preference.

After you have gained some experience in your local market, you will use these same steps to get an agent in a bigger market (i.e Los Angeles, New York, Chicago etc.)

BTW, if you are underaged it is ABSOLUTELY NESSECARY to have your parents support. A lot of time and effort will be needed, and the only way you will be able to do that is with parent support.

Here are a few LA youth agents you can send your material (pictures and resume) to, AFTER you have gained some experience in your local market. Send them your snapshots and resume by hardcopy and "ATTN" there names:

Los Angeles (Acting/Commercial Print)-

Abrams Artist- Jeremy Apody (Commercial) Wendi Green (Theatrical)

Buchwald- Chrissy Eaden (Commercial) Pamela Fisher (Theatrical)

Coast to Coast Talent- Meredith Fine (Head of Kids/Teen Division) Tana Loy (Print)

Sydel Lisi Hand (Commercial)

Clear Talent Group- Jody Alexander (Head of Kids/Teen Divison- jody@cleartalentgroup.com) *You may send her an email*

Diverse Talent Group- Jayson Kinslow (Commerical) Robin Nassif (Head of Kids Division

Ford Models- Idalia (Assitant- idalia@fordmodels.com) Cactus (Print- cmccallum@fordmodels.com) Natalie Smith (Teen 5' 7" and up- nsmith@fordmodels.com) *You may send them an email*

CESD Talent- Carol Lynn Sher (Head of Kids/Teen Division)

DDO Agency- John (Head of Kids/Teen Division) Austin (Assitant)

AKA Talent- Julie Fulop (Head of Kids/Teen Division) Sarah (Assitant- sarah@akatalent.com) *You may send Sarah an email*

Osbrink Agency- Dawn Osbrink (Commercial) Aysha (Assitant) Emily Urbini (Theatrical)

Savage Agency- Jennifer Boyce (Head of Kids/Teen Division)

AEF Talent- Milton Perea (Head of Kids/Teen Division- milton@aeftalent.com) Nicole Jolley (Co-Head of Kids/Teen Division- nicole@aeftalent.com) Assitant (youthasst@aeftalent.com) *You may send them an email*

LA Models/Talent- Sarah Fletcher (Commercial/Print- sarah@lamodels.com) Dana K. (Print- dana@lamodels.com) Taylor Dwyer (Acting- taylor@latalent.com) *You may send them an email*

Zuri Model and Talent- Zoe Wheeler (Teen Divsion)

Considering there are over 5 million kids that have the same aspiration as you, it's very unlikely. But that doesn't mean you might not gain a few commercial credits, or book a role as a series regular. That is much more probable than you becoming "famous".

Hope I helped!

Source(s): Actress and Model in San Francisco and Los Angeles
  • Cogito

If all you want to do is become famous, no, I don't think you have a chance. Fame isn't all it's cracked up to be and very few actors ever get to be famous. If your ambition is to be a good actor, that's different, but as you're already in your teens, being a Nickelodeon or Disney actress isn't going to happen. However, if you study hard, join good acting classes or theatre groups and then go to drama school, you might make it as an actor. No-one gets acting jobs unless they have loads of amateur experience, training and dedication, so don't bother paying out for headshots and that sort of thing until much later. The same goes for getting an agent - genuine ones don't charge a fee to join, but they won't take you on unless you have a very impressive CV to show them first.

Think about what you really want - fame or a life as an actor. Fame is, after all, a rather shallow ambition.

Be happy. Good luck.

There are photographers all over that specialize in actor's headshots

It can cost anywhere from $300-$1000 depending on where you are, and the photographer

3. Do I have to have an agent?

Nick and Disney cast through agencies. There are a lot of rumers saying that they hold open casting calls, but they don't.

Agents are free. They get 10-20% of the money that the actor gets from the jobs that they found. They are all over the country. There are more in areas such as LA, Chicago, and NYC. But it doesn't sound like you are ready for one. You can't just apply and get one. They don't accept everyone. They choose if they want to represent you.

No. I honestly don't. Because you aren't asking how to perfect your acting. Real actors act because they love the art of acting. Those who just want fame and fortune (unless they are the children of celebrities) never are successful.