Sanitation Supervisors unhappy with budget cuts in NY may have caused the death of two people.?

Will Democrat Mayors and Governors learn from Reagan and send government city and state union workers a strong message? Or is this just the beginning of a serious of city and state union protests by government workers that will if nothing is done about it kill more of us than 911?

Background - Reagan fired air traffic controllers when they went on strike after he ordered them back to work.

In NY this week, sanitation workers and supervisors were taking cuts in pay and Supervisors we getting a demotion in grade Jan 1st. Its been widely reported that the Supervisors told road clean up crews responsible for clearing the streets to slow down and skip streets as a protest to the budget cuts. A mother having a baby couldn't get to the hospital and the baby died, and someone else died I don't have the details. In both cases the streets had not been cleared as a result of the slowdown so emergency vehicles could get to the victims. Mayor Bloomberg said he will investigate the charges but hasn't said what he would do if the reports of the slowdown are true.

If Bloomberg looks the other way it will encourage fire, police, and hospital government workers to do the same thing. If Bloomberg fires the supervisors and presses criminal charges it will send a strong message to other unions to not go down a similar path. What would you like to happen?

PS the reason I singled out Democrats is the states and cities going bankrupted across the country are all Democrat controlled. I don't know why that is, because all my liberal progressive friends tell me the Republicans are responsible for all financial government problems.

PSS - The reason this is in politics/elections is because we elect the people to run these states and cities who are in bed with government unions for their elections campaigns. Democrats have given state and city unions huge increases in pay and benefits over the years such that they get double the pay of their private sector counter parts. Elections have consequences.

Did anyone understand "Deonejuan" answer below? I have no idea what he is talking about. I lost my lunatic fringe translation manual. Maybe "Disturbed Teabagger" can lend me his.

Favorite Answer

The future does not look bright for a nation so lost in entitlement that it needs a government program to even make the sun shine. Does Obama have the brass to stand up to the sickos in his own party let alone BIG UNIONS and their lobbyists that all but own him? After his performance on the European and Asian stages, I highly doubt it.

He continues to move more and more toward Carter-level status. He might be a major shortage or hostage crisis away from losing the Democrat nomination in 2012.

Source(s): Jim - I think "Deonejuan" typed it in rabid, delusional crack-addict speak. Either that or he is unable to voice a rational point of view.
  • wyke

particular usually, yet submit to in concepts cases have been much greater suitable some years in the past. greater human beings amassing unemployment, much less human beings paying taxes today. Open up your wallets Mr. & Mrs $5 million/12 months. it isn't the only time nor the max quantity they have been asked to pay in cases of disaster. yet they desire all of it, this is all mine, no longer giving yet another penny. desire they love their trip to manhattan and notice the Statue of Liberty falling aside and in step with risk lined in oil.

• Bob P

My goodness, two people die as a result of winter conditions and you're all set to blame Democrats.

You should watch Comedy Central, The Daily show with Jon Stewart. He pokes a lot of fun at the way Glenn Beck likes to "connect the dots." Beck apparently has a fondness for relating anything and everything to Nazism.

If the circumstances were not so tragic I would laugh at your conclusions.

The most reasonable thing that you said was that "I don't have the details." But why stop there, just let your imagination take you where it may.

Here's a suggestion - allow the facts to be made clear before you reach your conclusion. I know folks, it's like talking to the wall.

I wonder how many people die as a result of winter weather in Republican controlled states? Must be because of reduced government, less vehicles to plow the roads. Isn't having a vivid imagination fun?

Dave, here's a story regarding Newt Gingrich blaming Democrats for Susan Smith drowing her two children:

http://www.alternet.org/story/8695/

After the train wreck we call "The Reagan Administration", we do see impressive, long-term planning with the conservative policy wonks that love those "Family Values". Republicans would have you believe everything is going to be okay once we have switched over to a plutocracy, a representative democracy being just too inconvenient. Rush Limbaugh was gleeful advocating temps as effective union busters. But is it? Whoever makes the decesion for non-employees to have critical job duties should have to pay for the resulting liabilities.

Lord knows, Nixon still has laws on the book to slam us into a timocracy. Look up the Nixon-Mundt Act one day. It's hilarious, major political grandstanding enacted during the McCarthy Era's sunset.

So, the only economics attainable while paying off China could be that we warehouse the rich?

If this is true, I hope they and the city administrators can live with themselves.. but then again, I suppose , who cares it's just two people, huh?

those union thugs who skipped the streets should be charged with murder. the ones that participated should be charged with attempted murder.

We all need smaller government so many more will suffer and die.

What's most despicable is I actually read a leftist here yesterday defending those indefensible union cretins. Disgusting.