Conservatives and Libertarians, concerned about Federal Spending?

If you are as concerned about Federal spending as many contend you are, how do you propose that it be checked?

Are you willing to give up Government services you receive to assist in the reduction of Federal spending?

What should the Government spend money on?

What should it not spend money on?

Best Answer

Majority of money being spent is on entitlement programs,ya know for lazy liberals.

The constitution provides for that solution.

Absolutely!

Again the Constitution provides this answer.

What should it not spend money on?

See above.

i'd like my piece of the pie

How about we just follow the CONSTITUTION. Look at the list of enumerated powers listed in the Constitution. That's ALL that the federal government is to fund.

As far as what not to spend money on: The National Endowment for the Arts, ALL Foreign aid should stop until we get our OWN fiscal house in order, I would like to see Farm subsidies go by the wayside, as long as the government gets out of the business of handing out "Crop Reports" 4 times a year and manipulating the markets

I, and the majority of conservatives would like to see an end to "porking up" spending bills. If an amendment has nothing to do with the original bill, is shouldn't be allowed. This would put a stop to the waste in federal spending.

This is just off the top of my head, but, I'm sure that there will be numerous suggestions.

As far as "am I willing to give up government services I receive", other than defense and post service, there's not much more I receive that I couldn't live without.

Yes. I would be in favor of curtailing most government services and eliminating some altogether. The government is already way too involved in way too many things. How about we start with a 10% across the board cut in everything?

What we're heading for is a VAT Tax, Flat Tax, and Income tax too… maybe even a transition tax to ease us over the rough spots. Next they'll tax Social Security recipients… who have paid taxed money into the system for a lifetime. The real solution… (1) be aware of the real problem. The percentage of the working population now on city, county, state and federal payrolls is at 45% (U.S. Department of Labor) (2) Those are the ones that should not be allowed to vote. It’s like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch… when you figure only two thirds of the private sector workers vote…

The government workers and bureaucrats are the ones who spend all the money... it's free...(they say). Fire em.

Kill most social programs......they promote laziness and invite fraud. Here's one example:

UTICA, N.Y. -- Twelve Utica residents face federal charges for approximately $2 million in food stamp fraud. These charges come after an 18 month state and federal investigation.

Police say those indicted were accepting food stamp benefits in exchange for cash, which is a violation because these benefits are only to be used for eligible food products. A federal grand jury indicted the 12 Tuesday.

Only eight were actually arrested and charged Tuesday with defrauding the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program formerly known as the Food Stamp Program. They include:

Muteea Alfahdd, 41

Najeeb Abdullah, 44

Hamoud Yafal, 60

Ali Hamoud Yafal, 21

Yaser Saet, 27

Bakri Ali Samet, 33

Setha Samnang, 42

Rina Samnang, 36

Authorities say they are trying to track down the other four people including Nageeb Alghaheim, 24; Mohamed Alshuja, 30; Hassan Mohamed Nagi Alshegaa, 23; Ali Mulhi Abdullah, 36 who may or may not be living in the country.

Everyone arrested was either a store owner or store employees at the six Utica convenience stores listed here:

There job is to protect the people not control them. eg.Welfare was a good idea but it made people to dependent. Happy New Year. Peace

let's cut all social security in half. the old people are too weak to fight it!

We should reduce federal spending by creating a department above homeland security that can compile the information from all government departments to fight terrorism...

Then maybe we can also save money using the moon as a death star and prevent any rockets attacks, sure it will cost close to a trillion and it will be so secret no one will be able to see it or ever use it but we are preventing...

Yes,,,,I don't receive any "services."

Military and the 3 branches of gov.

Any and all entitlement programs.