Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

how is an average SSD compared to a 7200rpm hdd w/ 32mb buffer?

is buying a 10,000 rpm hdd worth buying vs. 7200rpm vs. average ssd???

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

got your difficult comparison right here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive#Com...

Happy New Year on 1/1/11

I am saving money for a gaming computer with an SSD (maybe two or more of them). My sisters brother-in-law repairs computers in the area so we will get together in the spring (April time for you Australians) and see how various games will work. We will be doing Norton Ghost to come up with a standard XP image then install one game and do benchmark testing on it. Then reghost XP and do another game installation. He was going to research some more on repeated Win7 installation on the same computer.

• Dan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Most folks cant see much of a difference 10K compared to 7.5K, the standard SSD when working is a lot faster than a conventional hard drive, unfortunately longevity and price issues have plagued the SSD from day 1. But the tech is improving - personally I am waiting for a few years..Good Luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.