I have been in a relationship for 5 years. at first everything was wonderful. Then i began to notice things.?

i realized he was increasingly jealous. he had no worry. but if i said something about a female being a little too friendly, the answer i received was "well, baby you wouldn't want a man no one else wanted would you" ? As time went on, he can be fine one minute then furious at me the next. He... show more i realized he was increasingly jealous. he had no worry. but if i said something about a female being a little too friendly, the answer i received was "well, baby you wouldn't want a man no one else wanted would you" ? As time went on, he can be fine one minute then furious at me the next. He had threaten to slap me numerous times, but didn't do it. { i think mainly because my father found out some things he said, and sent him a very straight message } There is a 22 year age difference between us. I am 45. I hear about it a lot because i "disrespect him". I'm to the point i just tell him to shut it up, because i don't want to hear it anymore. My confidence is bottomed out. { my boss at work even talked to me about thinking about myself more, and not being so afraid to mess up on everything,} I have never talked with her or anyone at work about this. I look in the mirror, and i don't see the old me anymore. I used to laugh all the time. He tells me it's because I'm going though menopause. I truly think I have just been yelled at so much. I'm afraid to break it off be cause we are in a business together and i am already almost broke. he does help me out financially, but complains about it if he gets mad at me. { I never ask for help} I can't do hard manual labor now due to a brain injury/stroke. but i work 3 part time jobs, to try to be independent. He was a horrible alcoholic, but hasn't drank in 22 years. he tells me the 'isim" is what makes him jealous, and makes him get so upset. i just don't believe it. A few weeks ago we got into over something minor and it turned bad. I tried to leave, but he wouldn't let me. He ended up pulling my hair, then smacked me in the jaw. I have not told anyone. I need advice.