Why do people say Tim Duncan is the greatest PF? How about Karl Malone?

Karl Malone played for 19 years and averaged 25 points per game on 52% shooting. He's second All-Time in career points. If he played for San Antonio theyd have as many if not more championships.

Im not denying Duncans greatness, but I feel that pound for pound, Karl Malone was the greatest power forward to ever play.

Best Answer

I would say tim has a slight edge over malone but it is close

Karl Malone is one of the greatest PF to ever play the game. MJ is the reason why he didn't a ring as a matter of fact a lot of great player didnt get a ring coz of MJ. Tim Duncan is also great, but he played in different basketball era. There us no comparison between the two on who better PF. They both great in their prime. Malone on the 90's and Duncan on the new millennium.

Eh...I think Duncan has had a greater career than Malone, but Duncan played just as much center as PF.

Sooo...Duncan is just a great player? Karl Malone can still be called the greatest PF ever, if you want. I guess...?

• The gap between Malone and Duncan's offense is nowhere near the size of the gap between Duncan and Malone's defense. And how many championships would Duncan have won if he ran with John Stockton for the vast majority of his career?

• David

I've always said Malone was the greatest. No disrespect to Duncan (whom I love), but the Mailman could dominate a game like few ever have.

This is an extremely close debate.

Karl Malone / Tim Duncan

25.0 ppg / 21.1 ppg

10.1 rebounds / 11.6 rebounds

3.6 assists / 3.2 assists

1.41 steals / .8 steals

37.2 minutes / 36.4 minutes

Statistically, the edge goes to The Mailman.

Rings...it definitely goes to Duncan.

i agree....karl malone should have 2 rings right now....but he was playing in the jordan era and im pretty sure if tim duncans spurs (even with david robinson) wouldnt beat the bulls..going to the finals twice and having to face one of the greatest teams if not the greatest team in sports history chciago bulls was very bad luck for the mailman,,,,if you look who the spurs faced...there were weak opponents....8th seed ny knicks....nj nets....cavs and pistons...

everyone says duncan is the best PF ever because everyone has forgot about karl malone. such as everyone says MJ is the greatest player ever because he was the best in the 90s but in the 80s it was magic (and i prefer magic) everyone forgot about magic. (plus magic had an early retirement due to health)

You cant deny the Mailman's stats, but in the eyes of the media Tim Duncan has a much more likable personality. You cant discount charm.

I agree with everything you said! It all boils down to championships. If Malone would have several, he would no doubt be the best PF ever.

Tim Duncan is the most boring PF ever!