What home remedies can I use to get an stronger wifi connection?

I just moved and my neighbor has unsecured wifi. He said it was ok for me to use it (very nice guy by the way, he helped me move). But the problem is that the signal isn't strong enough for me to connect. Seeing that I just moved and spent all my money on moving, technically speaking I'm BROKE. I can't... show more I just moved and my neighbor has unsecured wifi. He said it was ok for me to use it (very nice guy by the way, he helped me move). But the problem is that the signal isn't strong enough for me to connect. Seeing that I just moved and spent all my money on moving, technically speaking I'm BROKE. I can't afford to buy a router right and probably won't be able to until February. But I really need a connection right now to do some work. Does any body has any home remedies to get a stronger wifi connection?