Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If there is a god, how do you explain all the leukemia-stricken children that die after praying for mercy?

Shrimp on the barbie, anyone?

Update:

So, the best he can do is just kill them? He can't heal them? I don't know... sounds like a pretty weak god if you ask me.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

God has a Plan for all the leukemia-stricken children that die after praying for mercy and His Plan is for them to die after praying for mercy.

Source(s): Nobody said it was a good Plan.
  • Derek
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

See, god is omnipotent and omniscient, all-knowing and all-powerful, and he has an unchangeable plan for the world but it was disrupted by human free will and eating a magic apple. Of course, this had to be part of the plan or god isn't omniscient or omnipotent. Anyway, prayers are always answered... as long as they are for whatever god intended in the first place because otherwise god would have not known you would pray for something outside of the plan and adjusted accordingly and thus not be omniscient or omnipotent.

I could make up some other good excuse like letting kids suffer and die actually is merciful because they don't grow up to be horrible sinners as long as they are bed-ridden and die young. Mother Theresa's whole gig was about suffering bringing you closer to god, so it must be very important to suffer a great deal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We all die. That is a fact we all should agree on. The way we die is not as important as the way we live. That is probably something we disagree on. Mercy may come in many forms and an easier death may be more merciful than a long painful illness. There is an unimaginable pain that comes with losing a child. In my experience a faith heals better than no faith. But we all have a choice and we all have to deal with these terrible things in our way.

• 1 decade ago

It seems to be very cruel for God not to answer. At time, we really do not know whether there is God or do God really cares. This is the suffering because of our sin, at least to our present life on earth. As according to the Christian, if I am right all this suffering has to be due to our sins and this life is only a transition or what is laterally means. What we believe at our life time will affect our life after death. What I believe, at this life, everyone has to suffer and thereby after death we will meet up with God for our judge on judgement time. Man has angered God and we have to make to suffer. The only way God made one condition and the only chance we enjoy in heaven to our original right place to go is through Jesus. Obey his words and deeds, he serve as a way back to God. So the suffering in this word is short time and what that is rewarded or curse forever, depends on what we do in this lifetime. This is my believe but God have give us freedom of thinking and freedom to do what they want. I hope I have not offended to other teaching or is there any other reasons which I have to choose another path.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Casey
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

>>>>No one is immune from death !! Whether an adult or a child is irrelevant, everyone dies. This is a fact of life ! According to the Bible, life is like a vapor, it goes up and evaporates. Children that die go to heaven, you don't have to feel sorry for them. The adults are the ones that cry because they miss them. They are crying for their self, because they don't have them anymore. Our life is short here on earth compared to eternity. If the parent wants to see the child again, according to the Bible......Except a man be born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. John 3:3 +++++ There are many children that have been healed .

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • 1 decade ago

The problem herein lies with the obvious fact that religious zombies are fairly well out of their minds and completely detached from reality. They can't explain anything ... they dont feel the need to. One of the many reasons they disgust me.

Ask an insane person a question ... You're probably going to get an insane answer. Pretty simple.

:D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Two people ate God's apple long time ago, remember that? It's all our fault!!!

Of course 30000 kids die of hunger everyday and a bunch of million people got killed last year but how does that disprove a loving God?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God aloud his only son Jesus Christ to die on the cross so that we all can be saved. Death here on Earth isn't a bad thing. Jesus dying on the cross was our salvation to everlasting life. God can do anything and it's not our place to decide what he should or shouldn't do.

Maybe you should ask God for forgiveness for you know not what you are talking about.

God Bless.

• 1 decade ago

We live in a fallen, sin-filled world.

Just because God chooses not to heal, does not mean that He does not care.

God cared enough to send His Son to die for us, in order that we may have everlasting life.

All of us will die eventually.

Some will enter eternal life, some eternal damnation (your choice).

http://www.godssimpleplan.org/gsps.html

www.findithere.com

• 1 decade ago

If you believe in God, then you know that those who believe in Him go to heaven when they die. In heaven there is no pain or suffering, so therefore, He did heal them. And He's spared them more suffering here in this life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.