please help acting plan?

im 14 years old and i want to get into acting i dont know on disney or what else really my goal is disney. there is a problem though i live in florida so im a little far from LA so i had a plan but im not sure if i can do it i would like your opinion im gonna go to LA for the whole summer get an agent while im there and see what comes out. i know it sounds kind of weird but that was my plan i need opinion

thanx

my parents do support me 100% and they will be with me in LA in the summer for my plan

Favorite Answer

Maria, I have both a commercial and theatrical agent in LA. I think what you need to understand, is that coming to LA for a few months during the summer is not enough time for you to build your career. I think if you really want to pursue this industry, you need to be realistic. The probablity of you booking a role on Disney, without you even having a few guest-star roles or commercial credits is UNREALISTIC. If you really want to pursue acting, you need to commit to coming to LA every 3-4 months for a few months at a time. A few months during the summer is not enough time to book ANYTHING, ESPCIALLY if you don't have an agent yet. What I suggest you do is you convince your parents to letting you come to LA for a few months at a time, every 3-4 months, and try to get an agent before you go to LA in the summer. Because if you try to get an agent while you are in LA, it will take up all of your time, and by the time you sign with an agent, it will be time to go back to Florida.

You need to start sending out your resume and a few snapshots to reputable, lower tier agencies. Upper tier agencies like CAA and ICM, WILL NOT BE INTERESED IN YOU, because you don't have enought credits.

First, you need to put together you resume. Include all of your school plays, community theatre, and local jobs. After you put together your resume, you need to take a few snapshots. Professional pictures or headshots are not neccessary until you get an agent. When taking snapshots you want a clear picture, up against a white wall, with no distractions. No people in backgroud. No shirts with patterns, stripes ect.

Then you need to send your snapshots and resume to the agency by email or hardcopy, depending on their preference.

Here are a few youth agents you can send your headshot and resume to. Send them your snapshots and resume by hardcopy and "ATTN" there names:

Los Angeles (Acting/Commercial Print)-

Abrams Artist- Jeremy Apody (Commercial) Wendi Green (Theatrical)

Buchwald- Chrissy Eaden (Commercial) Pamela Fisher (Theatrical)

Coast to Coast Talent- Meredith Fine (Head of Kids/Teen Division) Tana Loy (Print)

Sydel Lisi Hand (Commercial)

Clear Talent Group- Jody Alexander (Head of Kids/Teen Divison- jody@cleartalentgroup.com) *You may send her an email*

Diverse Talent Group- Jayson Kinslow (Commerical) Robin Nassif (Head of Kids Division

Ford Models- Idalia (Assitant- idalia@fordmodels.com) Cactus (Print- cmccallum@fordmodels.com) Natalie Smith (Teen 5' 7" and up- nsmith@fordmodels.com) *You may send them an email*

CESD Talent- Carol Lynn Sher (Head of Kids/Teen Division)

DDO Agency- John (Head of Kids/Teen Division) Austin (Assitant)

AKA Talent- Julie Fulop (Head of Kids/Teen Division) Sarah (Assitant- sarah@akatalent.com) *You may send Sarah an email*

Osbrink Agency- Dawn Osbrink (Commercial) Aysha (Assitant) Emily Urbini (Theatrical)

Savage Agency- Jennifer Boyce (Head of Kids/Teen Division)

AEF Talent- Milton Perea (Head of Kids/Teen Division- milton@aeftalent.com) Nicole Jolley (Co-Head of Kids/Teen Division- nicole@aeftalent.com) Assitant (youthasst@aeftalent.com) *You may send them an email*

LA Models/Talent- Sarah Fletcher (Commercial/Print- sarah@lamodels.com) Dana K. (Print- dana@lamodels.com) Taylor Dwyer (Acting- taylor@latalent.com) *You may send them an email*

Zuri Model and Talent- Zoe Wheeler (Teen Divsion)

If you have any more questions feel free to email me :) shinestar97@gmail.com

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

please help acting plan?

im 14 years old and i want to get into acting i dont know on disney or what else really my goal is disney. there is a problem though i live in florida so im a little far from LA so i had a plan but im not sure if i can do it i would like your opinion im gonna go to LA for the whole summer get an...

Source(s): acting plan: https://biturl.im/vsQz6

Did you forget the Gujarat, Orissa, Mumbai, Ayodhya, Karnataka and MP riots? They were not works of the INC . The Malegaon, Modasa, Nanded and Goa blasts were not done by the INC. Babri Masjid was not demolished by the INC. Those sick minded people are still around ranting on a stone-age ideology and glorifying an Aryan invader from Persia as someone great. The Aftermath Inc. - An Indian Citizen.

• Donna

Because you're a minor, you will not be allowed to sign with an agent without the permission and assistance of your parents. That's the law. Your first step will be to see if they will help you achieve your goal.

That's not a good plan at all. You can't just get an agent. They aren't easy to get into. And if they do accept you, you can't just work for three months and leave.