what are some good books about witchcraft because i need some for my i-search project?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I have books on both Witchcraft and Wicca because I did a report comparing 10th c Witchcraft and modern Witchcraft and Wicca (these are my books from the bibliography that I used for my paper):

Ankarloo, Bengt and Henningsen, Gustav. Early Modern European Witchcraft: Centres and Peripheries. New York: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print.

Ashliman, D.L. "Merseburg Incantations or Merseburger Zaubersprüche." N.p., 1998. Web. 13 Dec 2010. <http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/merseburg.html>.

Bailey, Michael D. Magic and Superstition in Europe: A Concise History from Antiquity to the Present. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2007. Print.

Breuer, Heidi. Crafting the Witch: Gendering Magic in Medieval and Early Modern England. New York: Routledge, 2009. Print.

Briggs, Robin. Witches & Neighbors: The Social and Cultural Context of European Witchcraft. New York: Viking Penguin (Penguin Books USA Inc.), 1996. Print.

Buckland, Raymond. Buckland’s Complete Book of Witchcraft. Woodbury: Llewellyn Publications, 8th Printing 2007.

Cantrell, Gary. Wiccan Beliefs and Practices. St. Paul: Llewellyn Publications, 2003. Print.

Carlson, Marc. "Canon Episcopi." N.p., 9 June 2004. Web. 13 Dec 2010. <http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/witch...

Clark, Stuart. Thinking with Demons. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print.

Cunningham, Scott. Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. Woodbury: Llewellyn Publications, 41st Printing 2008. Print.

Edwards, Kathryn A. Werewolves, Witches and Wandering Spirits: Traditional Belief & Folklore in Early Modern Europe. Kirksville: Truman State University Press, 2002. Print.

Farrar, Janet and Stewart. A Witches’ Bible: The Complete Witches’ Handbook. Washington: Phoenix Publishing, Inc., 1981. Print.

Halsall, Paul. "The Anglo-Saxon Dooms, 560-975." Medieval Sourcebook. N.p., June 1998. Web. 13 Dec 2010. <http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/560-975dooms...

Levack, Brian P. Articles on Witchcraft, Magic and Demonology. New York & London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1992. Print.

Mackay, Christopher S. The Hammer of Witches: A Complete Translation of the Malleus Maleficarum. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009. Print.

Maggi, Armando. In the Company of Demons. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 2006. Print.

Medieval Wicca & Sorcery - Witchcraft, Satanism, Practices - Dark Ages." Medieval Information. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Dec 2010. <http://medieval-castles.org/index.php/medieval_wic...

Monter, E. William. European Witchcraft. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1969. Print.

Pócs, Éva. Between the Living and the Dead: A Perspective of Witches and Seers in the Early Modern Age. Budapest: Central European University Press, 1999. Print.

Tanner, Norman. The Church in the Later Middle Ages. New York: I.B. Taurus & Co. Ltd, 2008. Print.

Remember, some of these are about REAL witches and others are about old-time conceptions of witches and so on.

Source(s): Wiccan/Witch/Pagan/Historian
  • 10 years ago

Josh McDowell has written a number of good books on subjects like witchcraft and cults. Type his name in a search engine and you'll find the titles of his books. Most local libraries will have a few of his books you can check out.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Pellinor sequence with the aid of Allison Croggon e book a million: The Naming/The present (the yankee version had a distinctive identify) e book 2: The Riddle e book 3: The Crow e book 4: The making a music It has style of an identical form because of the fact the inheritance cycle (yet nicely written!) in that theres distinctive magic in contact and its use demands the person to apply "the speech" it incredibly is an historic language very similar to the elvin language used interior the inheritance cycle. additionally, the terrific characters are Bards + Mages (so track is a significant subject) on a quest to break an evil form and fix stability and the terrific character is kinda like "the fortold one". fairly classic epic fantasy sequence yet very appropriate written in my opinion. My all time renowned sequence of fantasy novels :) right this is the blurb for the 1st e book: "Maerad is a slave in a desperate and unforgiving settlement, taken there as a new child whilst her relatives is destroyed in war. She doesn’t yet comprehend she has inherited a effective present, one that marks her as a member of the noble college of Pellinor and facilitates her to ensure the worldwide as no different can. that's barely whilst she is stumbled on with the aid of Cadvan, between the super Bards of Lirigon, that her actual identification and remarkable destiny unfold. Now, she and her mysterious instructor could embark on a treacherous, uncertain journey with the aid of a time and place the place the forces of darkness wield an otherworldly terror."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.