How do women really feel about pornography?

I am 31 years old and I can categorically, and shamefully, admit that I have had an addiction to pornography for around 10 years. It recently caused my wife and I to split up, because I couldn't stop lying about it to try and hide it from her - but she kept finding out anyway. Deep down I feel it is... show more I am 31 years old and I can categorically, and shamefully, admit that I have had an addiction to pornography for around 10 years. It recently caused my wife and I to split up, because I couldn't stop lying about it to try and hide it from her - but she kept finding out anyway.

Deep down I feel it is morally wrong because I am sure that women do not want to be made to feel like they are "pieces of meat" simply there for man's viewing pleasure, and I am trying to overcome my addiction following my split up by realising that women, like men, have feelings, emotions and personalities which are to be respected and admired (just as all individuals on this planet). I want to know how it makes women feel when they know a man looks at pornography.

The truth is, I now want to turn my life around and end this pointless and demeaning obsession, and I would be very grateful for comments from women so that I can see what damage is being done to women's feelings by men looking at this stuff (because pornography is very good at hiding the fact that these are real people). Of course, men are very visual creatures, and it is no wonder why men get tempted by this sort of thing, but I don't believe that justifies it at all. I would now very much appreciate a woman's perspective on this issue, and the primary reason for that is because pornography hides women's personalities and emotions, and I believe that unless you see that women have personalities and emotions you will never see pornography as a problem.

I would perhaps also be interested to know whether knowing that a man has had a problem with pornography is something which puts women off, and makes them think of men as "sad" or a "loser". I ask because I am trying to begin my life again and would hate myself if I ever hurt anyone else like I hurt my ex, so I wouldn't ever like to think that I would be thought of that way because I consider myself to be a genuinely nice guy whose simply struggled with a personal issue, and now wants to move on from that.

Are women intuitive as to how a man who has viewed pornography regularly acts towards them; in other words, can a woman "sense" pornography when they meet a man? It would be interesting to know whether a man's behaviour towards women changes in a subtle way when they look at pornography.

Any thoughts on these issues, particularly from women, would be very much appreciated. By the way, I am not a Christian or of any other religion so my morals on this are coming from an entirely secular point of view, although any comments would be gratefully received.