Actor/Actress of 1960s?

I have to draw the portrait of an actor or actress that could represent (or lets say was the most famous or the best actor of) the 1960s.

in topten reviews the first was Julie Andrews (personally I prefer her too)

so do you think she would be a good choice? also if you recommend someone else (no personal preferences....I want someone who had top ratings and stuff like that) I'll be happy.

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure if she would be the most famous or best actor of the entire decade, but she was (and is) definitely a star. She is also very pretty, so why not draw her?

For fun I looked up who won Best Actor and Best Actress Oscars for that time (left off the nominees for space)

Actresses

1960--Elizabeth Taylor

1961-Sophia Loren

1962-Anne Bancroft

1963--Patricia Neal

1964--Julie Andrews

1965--Julie Christie

1966--Elizabeth Taylor (again)

1967--Katharine Hepburn

1968--Tie between Katharine Hepburn and Barbra Streisand

1969--Maggie Smith

Best Actor

1960-Burt Lancaster

1961-Maxmillan Schell

1962-Gregory Peck

1963--Sidney Poitier

1964--Rex Harrison

1965--Lee Marvin

1966-Paul Scofield

1967--Rod Steiger

1968--Cliff Robertson

1969--John Wayne

Of course the Academy people and the public might have differed on which actors and actresses they liked the best.

In the 1960's there were women like Jane Fonda, Raquel Welch, Brigitte Bardot, Gina Lollabrigida, Diana Dors, Natalie Wood, Audrey Hepburn, Patty Duke, Paula Prentisss

Among the men there were Tony Curtis, Sean Connery, Steve McQueen, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Michael Caine, Albert Finney, Kirk Douglas (Michael Douglas' father)

Even a pre-Jello pudding Bill Cosby can be found in the 1960's

Just too many to name.

Source(s): Some my own knowledge of the era--but Oscar winners can be found at http://www.oscars.org and by googling

1960s Actors

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Actor/Actress of 1960s?

so do you think she would be a good choice? also if you recommend someone else...

Source(s): actor actress 1960s: https://tr.im/Bnof5

Yes, Julie Andrews is a good choice. Another choice would be Audrey Hepburn.

Maybe that's true