Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

Which name sounds better? Sarah Elizabeth or Lauren Elizabeth?

I am having a baby girl and we're using the middle name Elizabeth and we can't decide between Sarah and Lauren. So which one sounds better and why....

Thank you!

Thank you guys so much for your inputs! You guys are great! (:

Favorite Answer

i love Sarah Elizabeth .. its a lovely name :)

Lauren Elizabeth! I'm a little biased. My sister's middle name is Elizabeth (Madeline Elizabeth) and my high school sweetheart was named Lauren Elizabeth. But I really like the name Lauren. The name Sarah is more prone to misspelling. I think there is a bit of a sound issue with Sarah Elizabeth as well. The S at the beginning of Sarah and the TH at the end of Elizabeth clash when you pronounce it carefully to me. Lauren Elizabeth flows very well off the tongue. They both have the same emphasis but the S sound followed by a Z and TH is too much if you're thinking about sound. Putting my bias aside, I still find Lauren to be a better choice here.

Good luck and congratulations!

One of my favorite names/pairings is LaurA Elizabeth. Sarah is one of my favorite names as well, but I do not think it flows well with Elizabeth (the double vowel at t he end of the first name and start of the middle name), so I vote for Lauren Elizabeth (though, I think Laura flows better).

Laura Elizabeth is the name of Laura Ingalls Wilder, by the way. I am not sure if that would make a difference to you, for or against, when considering using the name Laura Elizabeth or Lauren Elizabeth.

EDITED TO ADD: Someone referenced Clifford the Big Red Dog, that character's name is NOT Sarah Elizabeth it is Emily Elizabeth.

Sarah Elizabeth.

It sounds more Natural than Lauren Elizabeth

• B

I like Lauren Elizabeth. Always thought Lauren sounded pretty and classy. It flows better than Sarah Elizabeth (even though that name is pretty too).

• Well Sarah Elizabeth is my doggies name :) so of course i love it. But i knew a snooty girl names Lauren Elizabeth so personally Sarah Elizabeth is MUCH better to me!

Sarah Elizabeth; definitely! That sounds like a beautiful name [:

I think Sarah Elizabeth better. I think this sounds better because I've always liked the name Sarah better.

Source(s): Personal opinion

I prefer the way that Sarah Elizabeth looks, and sounds. Congrats on your little girl!

• MK

Sarah is a timeless and classic name. I used to dislike Sarah because it was sooo common in the 80s and 90s and there were so many Sarah's... I really like it now though. There aren't very many young Sarah's. I think it's really pretty and paired with Elizabeth, it's a beautiful, feminine, timeless name.

Lauren is a fun name. It's more modern and trendy and I think it's really pretty.

Elizabeth is gorgeous and one of my favourite names.

I really like them both but I would go with Sarah Elizabeth.

Hope this helps!

Sarah Elizabeth! It just flows better together.