Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Are there any current players who are the best ever to play their position?

I can see three possibilities:

1. Ray Lewis (MLB)

2. Tony Gonzalez (TE)

3. Ed Reed (S)

Agree or disagree?? or have I missed someone??

@Don Antonio...are you kidding Reed not even in the top 10 safeties!!! You obviously know very little about football.....Reed can't even get through a game without a pick or fumble recovery...he's the best ball hawk who ever played in an NFL secondary!!!

@Cecil....it's troy Polamalu and yes he is great but is yet to have the longevity of someone like Reed

Ray Lewis is the best MIDDLE LB ever not OLB which goes hands down to Lawrence Taylor. They are two completelyly different positions!!

Favorite Answer

I think you nailed it. People hating on reed and lewis are just bitter that they arnt on your team

And whoever is talking crap on the ravensonly having one ring, they have only been in the league for like 15 years. I think what they are doing is highly highly impressive. They go to the playoffs almolst every season, they have won a super bowl and have produced so much talent from there draft classes.

Compare baltimore to some of the other teams that came into the league at the same time as baltimore:

Texans

Jaguars

Panthers

That's right, there's no comparision...baltimore is extremely impressive to me and so is ed reed and ray lewis

• Erika

I disagree on all 4 counts. Ozzie Newsome is according to threat the suited TE ever. Gonzo ought to be the suited while he retires, even with the undeniable fact that. Derrick Thomas, Lawrence Taylor, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus have been all greater effective LB's than Lewis. i actually are not getting why teenagers those days think of he's so super. Favre is suitable 5, yet no longer the very suited ever. Ronnie Lott is the suited protection ever with Paul Krause being an in depth 2nd.

Best ever is too difficult to pick, but there are certainly sure fire Hall of Famers among the current crop:

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Tony Gonzalez, Ray Lewis, Shane Lechler (punter), LaDainian Tomlinson.

If Tomlinson stays healthy, he can break the all time rushing record held by Emmitt Smith.

• bob

If Ed Reed retired tomorrow he would not be the best ever at his position. Stats are on a good pace but he needs to play more.

Tom Brady has more titles than all 3 of your guys combined. Not sure about your logic. The Ravens have the best Safety and LB of all-time and 1 title? I am not even sure if Reed was even on the team then.

Maybe one.

Best QB John Elway

Best RB Walter Payton

Best WR Jerry Rice

Best TE Maybe you got me there Tony Gon.

Best DL Reggie White

Best LB L. Taylor

Best CB Deon Sanders

Best S R. Lott

no on lewis, yes on gonzales and are you kidding me on reed? reed isnt the right now and isnt top 10 all time. he might make a decent CB but avsafety needs to be able to tackle

ray lewis

tony gonazales although i think jason witten is a better all around tight end

ed reed

devin hester

peyton manning/tom brady/brett favre i would put them as the top 3 or at least in the top 5

Source(s): me!
  • I'd take Tony Gonzalez as best TE ever.

Troy Palowhatever, you know who I mean, and Peyton Manning.

devin hester-kick returner

tony gonzalez.... nah you still have antonio gates and jermichael finley