nala asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

what side dish is good with corned beef?

• Joy
    Favorite Answer

Cabbage, carrots, and potatoes..

To be honest, I have never ever heard of white cheese sauce served on corned beef, but then I am from another country. Since you say you have no veggies, then I guess that eliminates all of those. It does sound interesting. Since you say you don't have any veggies....do you have any pasta? That always goes well with a cheese sauce. Some fruit on the side would go well.

• JennyP

If I have a corned beef that I cook in liquid on top of the stove, I'll cook new potatos in the broth, along with green cabbage and cubed carrots. I've also served it with saurkraut and mashed potatos or on buttered egg noodles with mustard.

OMG I just had corned beef today I'd say for Indian food go with rice and crackers for chinese fried rice and for western fish and chips or tacos I'd say corned beef is more of the side dish really.

Source(s): My mom

Boil some potatoes, and the last 5 minutes throw in some cabbage.

After they are cooked and drained, melt some butter in the microwave and pour it over the potato/cabbage and toss. If you have some fennel seed, sprinkle some seeds over and toss.

stewed potatoes and carrots cooked in the same pot with the beef. Mashed potatoes would work too I think.

Cabbage sauer crout

I like fried sweet potatoes, with a hard sugar glaze.

Based on the question I would assume that you have to be jewish. With that being said mots-ball soup or some sauerkraut should do the trick!

when cooking cornbeef add potatoes and carrots just about 2o mins before everything is done add quartered cabbage.