nala asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

what side dish is good with corned beef?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Joy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cabbage, carrots, and potatoes..

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

To be honest, I have never ever heard of white cheese sauce served on corned beef, but then I am from another country. Since you say you have no veggies, then I guess that eliminates all of those. It does sound interesting. Since you say you don't have any veggies....do you have any pasta? That always goes well with a cheese sauce. Some fruit on the side would go well.

• JennyP
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If I have a corned beef that I cook in liquid on top of the stove, I'll cook new potatos in the broth, along with green cabbage and cubed carrots. I've also served it with saurkraut and mashed potatos or on buttered egg noodles with mustard.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

OMG I just had corned beef today I'd say for Indian food go with rice and crackers for chinese fried rice and for western fish and chips or tacos I'd say corned beef is more of the side dish really.

Source(s): My mom
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Boil some potatoes, and the last 5 minutes throw in some cabbage.

After they are cooked and drained, melt some butter in the microwave and pour it over the potato/cabbage and toss. If you have some fennel seed, sprinkle some seeds over and toss.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

stewed potatoes and carrots cooked in the same pot with the beef. Mashed potatoes would work too I think.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Cabbage sauer crout

• 9 years ago

I like fried sweet potatoes, with a hard sugar glaze.

• 9 years ago

Based on the question I would assume that you have to be jewish. With that being said mots-ball soup or some sauerkraut should do the trick!

• 9 years ago

when cooking cornbeef add potatoes and carrots just about 2o mins before everything is done add quartered cabbage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.