Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

We purchased an FHA home that was not truly inspected.?

After we moved in, we discovered plentiful water damage. It has been 10years. Could we engage in a lawsuit and if so, with whom?

3 Answers

  • Sawyer
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

    You would have to go after the person you hired to do the inspection. Ten years later though, I don't know how you're going to prove that the damage was there before you moved in...a lawsuit would likely be a waste of time and money.

  • 9 years ago

    You might have a lawsuit. This depends on the terms of the sale and the city's own housing ordinances, along with the terms of the loan for the FHA house. Get the loan papers and go see an attorney. Most will give you a free initial consultation, but they can't accurately tell you anything without that information.

  • HD
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    nothing you can do after 10 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.